Package Base Details: julia-git

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/julia-git.git (read-only)
Submitter: mihi
Maintainer: TrialnError
Last Packager: TrialnError
Votes: 52
Popularity: 0.503837
First Submitted: 2012-02-22 08:57
Last Updated: 2019-05-22 21:58

Packages (2)

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next › Last »

yuyichao commented on 2015-06-02 13:39

@big_gie You need openblas to get the test pass.

yuyichao commented on 2015-06-02 13:39

Please update the dependency on pcre to pcre2 (in AUR). The version dependency is bumped ~yesterday.

TrialnError commented on 2015-05-28 01:50

I added the AUR packages openlibm and openspecfun to deps. Both projects from the JuliaLang Team (so no issue like with libuv) and deps that don't need to be compiled everytime you want to build julia from git

TrialnError commented on 2015-04-14 23:04

They check for system patchelf now.
Not sure if this could be an optdepend

big_gie commented on 2015-03-17 15:29

Anybody tried to run the included test suite? It fails here (both 0.3.6 and 0.4.0.dev.3863.g2a4fd44). It seems to be a problem with blas...

julia> Base.runtests()
exception on 4: ERROR: LoadError: ccall: could not find function cblas_cdotc_sub in library libblas
in dotc at ./linalg/blas.jl:121
in dotc at ./linalg/blas.jl:154
in Ac_mul_B at ./linalg/matmul.jl:63
in anonymous at ./no file:10
in runtests at /usr/share/julia/test/testdefs.jl:78
in anonymous at ./multi.jl:833
in run_work_thunk at ./multi.jl:584
in anonymous at ./multi.jl:833
while loading linalg3.jl, in expression starting on line 4
From worker 5: * linalg4 in 21.39 seconds
From worker 2: * linalg1 in 37.86 seconds
From worker 3: * linalg2 in 41.57 seconds
ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: ccall: could not find function cblas_cdotc_sub in library libblas
in anonymous at ./task.jl:1379
while loading linalg3.jl, in expression starting on line 4
while loading /usr/share/julia/test/runtests.jl, in expression starting on line 3

From worker 4: * linalg3 ERROR: A test has failed. Please submit a bug report (https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues)
including error messages above and the output of versioninfo():
Julia Version 0.4.0-dev+3863
Commit 2a4fd44 (2015-03-17 14:45 UTC)
Platform Info:
System: Linux (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
WORD_SIZE: 64
BLAS: libblas
LAPACK: liblapack
LIBM: libm
LLVM: libLLVM-3.6.0

in error at ./error.jl:19
in runtests at ./interactiveutil.jl:399
in runtests at ./interactiveutil.jl:388

TrialnError commented on 2015-03-12 01:47

All right. Building with llvm<3.6 is working again and now I see why haawda mentioned python2-sphinx. They added the build of the docs to the make call

TrialnError commented on 2015-03-05 15:12

Current issue: https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/10376
Although there exists a PR it doesn't seem to be right solution to fix this.
So for now, I set a versioned dep for llvm until this is solved.

Currently it only builds with llvm 3.6 which isn't in the repos yet, but if someone wants to update he can do that

TrialnError commented on 2015-03-03 19:06

@myles: Thanks for the notes.
Normally the first warning indicates there was a remaining src directory. Or something that makepkg interpreted as such (since it failed). Shouldn't be a problem with the PKGBuild
The second thing.. Well. I need to check that once julia builds again. Currently compiling is failing.
What do you use for making packages from the AUR? An AUR wrapper like yaourt, simple makepkg?

@haawda: If you want to generate the docs via the PKGBuild, yes. Else not, as far as I'm aware. See the commented makedepends line.
Or did I miss something?

haawda commented on 2015-02-22 13:24

python2-sphinx is needed as build-dependency.

myles commented on 2015-02-18 13:06

Thanks for maintaining this package. I encountered two problems:
The first was:

==> WARNING: Using existing $srcdir/ tree
==> Starting build()...
make: *** julia: No such file or directory. Stop.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...

May be there was an existing source tree, I don't remember trying to install it before. Re-trying worked around the issue and everything went fine until right at the end:

error: 'MYBUILDDIR/src/julia-git/julia-git-docs-0.4.0.dev.3400.g01a2fc8-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz': could not find or read package

Because the package is named according to the arch=('any') on line 114:

$ ls MYBUILDDIR/src/julia-git/julia-git-docs*
MYBUILDDIR/src/julia-git/julia-git-docs-0.4.0.dev.3400.g01a2fc8-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
MYBUILDDIR/src/julia-git/julia-git-docs-0.4.0.dev.3400.g01a2fc8-1-any.pkg.tar.xz.sig