Package Details: ttf-iosevka 2.2.1-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/ttf-iosevka.git (read-only)
Package Base: ttf-iosevka
Description: A slender monospace typeface. Shape: default
Upstream URL: https://be5invis.github.io/Iosevka/
Licenses: custom:OFL
Conflicts: ttf-iosevka-pack
Submitter: Markus00000
Maintainer: Markus00000
Last Packager: Markus00000
Votes: 95
Popularity: 3.542885
First Submitted: 2015-07-27 06:43
Last Updated: 2019-04-22 08:36

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

mgd commented on 2016-10-26 21:31

What is the difference between this and all the other ttf-iosevka-* packages?
There description is identical. Is there a (brief) overview as to what is what?

Markus00000 commented on 2016-07-25 10:13

@sballert Where did you get your checksum from?

$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/be5invis/Iosevka/master/LICENSE.md
$ sha256sum LICENSE.md
fcd6a66c181b0bbfd497406ba9eb58c3fae6546e26118868bec48a529a05657f LICENSE.md

This is the same checksum as in the PKGBUILD.

sballert commented on 2016-07-25 09:40

New sha256sum of the LICENSE.md file:

1a87755db1a409859006a2472f6038f5e19d1f3a590daf4a92cbe51e0ac1e41a

hypnoglow commented on 2016-07-18 12:57

==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
02.iosevka-term-1.9.1.zip ... Passed
LICENSE.md ... FAILED
========================================

License text was changed again.
This package needs an update.

scottmada commented on 2016-06-09 17:55

@Markus00000 I'm glad I was able to help. :)

Markus00000 commented on 2016-06-09 08:25

@scottmada Thanks for your excellent help, I’ve updated all packages.

scottmada commented on 2016-06-09 04:37

A commit on master (https://github.com/be5invis/Iosevka/commit/b136664503eef01aade2f0706444ef593bfa8dfc) breaks the package.

LICENSE was updated and renamed LICENSE.md

===EDIT==
There is no license file in the downloaded file as I thought, but the file is available with the tag version.

===HOW TO FIX===
Replace LICENSE url to "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/be5invis/Iosevka/v1.8.6/LICENSE" in the PKGBUILD file.

It works, but the name must be changed for next releases.

ljxfstorm commented on 2016-05-10 14:29

@Markus00000 Thanks for your answer.
It's my pleasure to give some suggestions that help.

Seems like I should learn more from the Infinality packages about fonts.

Markus00000 commented on 2016-05-06 15:14

@ljxfstorm You are right about the `force` option. In the past it seemed necessary (https://github.com/bohoomil/fontconfig-ultimate/issues/19#issuecomment-40832044). I just tried this without `force` and the cache was correctly updated.

When `force` was still required, a separate directory made it simple to only update the cache in `post_installation()` for the newly installed fonts: `fc-cache -f /usr/share/fonts/${pkgname}` Without `force` the cache update should be faster even without a separate directory.

`mkfontscale` and `mkfontdir` are for old applications (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/fonts#Older_applications). I have no idea if their removal would affect anyone. Other popular fonts still use them (e.g. ttf-roboto).

ljxfstorm commented on 2016-05-06 13:48

@Markus00000 Actually, I have no idea about the advantages and disadvantages between them.
But I think the family name way is preferred than the TTF way according to the wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fonts#Creating_a_package).
It's a better way to manage fonts when I was too lazy to build a package.
P.S. the "force" option of "fc-cache" may be unnecessary and cause lag. Even the two "mkfont*" command could be removed.

I'd like to discuss more. :)