Package Details: tint3-cpp-git 0.3.0.r321.gc483694-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/tint3-cpp-git.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: tint3-cpp-git
Description: A C++ rewrite attempt of the tint2 panel.
Upstream URL: https://github.com/jmc-88/tint3
Licenses: GPL2
Submitter: disastro
Maintainer: disastro
Last Packager: disastro
Votes: 7
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2015-02-08 13:51
Last Updated: 2018-09-01 14:43

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

jmc commented on 2019-05-16 13:51

I have pushed what I hope is a fix in: https://github.com/jmc-88/tint3/commit/ff45e7e16d9cb88a1ccb2227f64d2ed680c95ae3

disastro commented on 2019-05-15 10:51

@aalhitennf Thanks for the report! I was unable to reasonably fix this myself and I've opened an upstream issue https://github.com/jmc-88/tint3/issues/41

Editing https://github.com/jmc-88/tint3/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L48 to remove X11 and the version number from Xrandr seems to work at this time, please comment on github if that causes additional issues. Waiting for upstream before instantly going ahead and patching in the PKGBUILD.

aalhitennf commented on 2019-05-12 10:40

Getting error:

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.14/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:137 (message):
  Could NOT find X11 (missing: X11 Xrandr>=1.3)

jmc commented on 2018-08-22 00:12

...and a runtime dependency on xsettings-client from https://github.com/jmc-88/tint3/commit/b6900d1a4b3d532f82a91bfff40689e0bec91b47 onwards.

jmc commented on 2018-08-20 23:45

Heads up: I added a build dependency on abseil/abseil-cpp. It's a git submodule, so you'd likely need to run the following:

$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update

from the workspace root before the CMake configuration step and subsequent build.

This doesn't add new runtime dependencies.

disastro commented on 2018-01-07 08:30

@jmc Thanks for the quick fix, builds fine now.

I also pushed a new PKGBUILD to add some minor missing dependencies.

jmc commented on 2018-01-07 02:47

I managed to reproduce the issue and apply a workaround: please try building again from HEAD.

disastro commented on 2018-01-06 18:54

I've confirmed the build failure and opened an issue https://github.com/jmc-88/tint3/issues/37

@snowcrash Thank you for the report

jmc commented on 2018-01-03 23:18

@snowcrash: from a cursory look this does indeed look like a compiler bug. What version of GCC is this? If you feel like filing an issue for this at https://github.com/jmc-88/tint3, I'll try to reproduce and put in a workaround -- though I can't promise anything since I'm running on Debian stable at the moment.

FWIW theme manager support is still incomplete, so you can comment out the entire function body if necessary.

snowcrash commented on 2018-01-03 23:12

I was having some problems getting this to compile on my machine. The error I was getting was the following:

Scanning dependencies of target theme_manager_lib
[ 65%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/theme_manager_lib.dir/theme_manager.cc.o
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-bwinter/aur-tint3-cpp-git/src/tint3/src/theme_manager.cc: In function ‘int ListRemote(CURL*)’:
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-bwinter/aur-tint3-cpp-git/src/tint3/src/theme_manager.cc:115:7: internal compiler error: in assign_temp, at function.c:968
       });
       ^
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://bugs.archlinux.org/> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/theme_manager_lib.dir/build.make:63: src/CMakeFiles/theme_manager_lib.dir/theme_manager.cc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:687: src/CMakeFiles/theme_manager_lib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2

My C++ skills are rusty but after a little digging... I found two ways to overcome the error:

1) Remove the offending line of code (115) in the theme_manager.cc. (It appears to be part of the logger.)

2) Switch from -O2 to -O in theme_manager_lib.dir/flags.make.

I tried refactoring the offending line into a number of different syntax but was never able to get it to compile successfully. The combination of the optimizer issue and what appears to be valid code took fixing the issue beyond my abilities. I have the feeling, someone who knows C++ could fix this easily - or at least identify the compiler as the problem (I believe a recent pacman -Su updated gcc -- it removed gcc-multilib and installed gcc w/ some version changes along the way.).