Package Details: rstudio-desktop-git 1.2.5019.r1893-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: rstudio-desktop-git
Description: A powerful and productive integrated development environment (IDE) for R programming language
Upstream URL:
Keywords: data IDE R science statistics
Licenses: AGPL3
Conflicts: rstudio-desktop, rstudio-desktop-bin, rstudio-desktop-preview
Provides: rstudio-desktop, rstudio-desktop-bin, rstudio-desktop-preview
Submitter: None
Maintainer: artemklevtsov (hwkiller, ConorIA, kngwyu)
Last Packager: hwkiller
Votes: 55
Popularity: 0.042131
First Submitted: 2011-03-09 06:13
Last Updated: 2019-12-02 09:39

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next › Last »

pat-s commented on 2019-04-01 20:59

gwt-2.8.2 is required in upstream.

maquiavel commented on 2019-02-25 00:44

hey ConorIA ,

I have tested the file 'EDIT: built package'

Is working well.

ConorIA commented on 2019-02-24 02:51

I think that I have this package building successfully with the system QT libs again. That said, there have been times when I have lost a lot of good work time because I had to re-compile RStudio before I could get anything done (damn boost!), so I want to make sure to test the changes before I push them here. I'd love if some additional folks could try the PKGBUILD at (you can ignore the .info.yaml file) and report their results.

EDIT: built package

maquiavel commented on 2019-02-12 02:21

hey guys! Qt framework is already up to date in Arch Linux. 5.12 is the pattern. I have troubles with rstudio-desktop-git: black screen when I open application. I have compiled directly of rstudio source on github with qt 5.11.1 and works good.

ConorIA commented on 2018-12-09 01:11

About to push some changes that should address the last couple of issues. Since I am a co-maintainer, I think it is useful to explain my reasoning for each change:

1) Change hunspell dep to hunspell-en_US: hunspell doesn't actually install any dictionaries to /usr/share/myspell/dicts, so on a minimal, fresh system, this will cause the install to complain that the dictionaries weren't installed. I opted for en_US, as it is probably the most common "default" language. I figured the rest of the world wouldn't appreciate me imposing en_CA on them! contains AU, GB, and US ... not sure if we need all of them.

2) Remove the stuff: no need to keep it, as the build process wasn't even looking at it, just the link to /usr/share/myspell/dicts.

3) Change java-environment dep to jdk8-openjdk: 9, 10, and 11 fail to build.

4) Change md5sums to sha256sums: seems to be more common.

5) No extract gin: we extract it later with unzip, so no need to extract it to $srcdir.

5) Remove .install file: pacman now handles all of the icon cache and desktop file stuff automatically (if I'm not mistaken).

qubit commented on 2018-12-06 09:49

While building I encountered the error that dictionaries were missing. It turned out that the PKGBUILD created a symlink from "directories" to "/usr/share/myspell/dicts" but never actually extracted the dictionaries from "" to that directory. After manually extracting the dictionaries there, the build was successful.

now-im commented on 2018-06-17 05:12

can it be compiled with jdk9/10? I could only do it with jdk8. If it can comply with only 8, then shouldn't it be specific in PKGBUILD.

hwkiller commented on 2018-05-08 23:42

Currently, I think their master branch is pushing toward rstudio 1.2, and they're not focusing on compilability yet. The server release has been borked for a bit, so I've just been using their 1.1.447 release/tag.

adi555j commented on 2018-04-26 12:46

r2d3 has been released. I put r2d3 into /dependencies/common and the error is gone now. But now i am getting this error: ‘thread_resource_error’ in namespace ‘boost’ does not name a type const boost::thread_resource_error& e)

GXGOW commented on 2018-04-22 18:23

Same problem here with the r2d3 repository. Haven't found a workaround for it yet, unfortunately.