Package Details: readymedia-transcode-git 735.1bcfcc3-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: readymedia-transcode-git
Description: A DLNA/UPnP-AV Media server with transcode support
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL2
Conflicts: minidlna, minidlna-transcode-hg
Provides: minidlna, minidlna-transcode-hg
Replaces: minidlna-transcode-hg
Submitter: stativ
Maintainer: stativ
Last Packager: stativ
Votes: 21
Popularity: 0.95
First Submitted: 2013-06-18 09:10
Last Updated: 2018-04-06 16:16

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

C0rn3j commented on 2020-11-08 16:15

/var/run/minidlna was apparently changed to /run/minidlna

The service file and tmpfiles.conf should be updated accordingly.

Also it would be nice if the source was updated as it is now: ''

The current source does a bunch of redirects.

truongan commented on 2018-01-15 16:25

ImageMagick version 7 changes the path to MagickWand.h and make this package will fail to compile. ImageMagick version 6 retains the old path but the package name in pkg-config has changed (to avoid conflict with ImageMagick 7, I guess) and thus won't pass the depedency check. So I edit PKGBUID and add this line to line #35 and it compile just fine. Hope this help:

sed -i "s/wand\/MagickWand.h/MagickWand\/MagickWand.h/g" *.c

Gero commented on 2017-12-12 00:33

Attached patch fixes compilation with the latest ImageMagick version:

jforberg commented on 2016-10-12 01:14

Nice package! In your .service file, you have set User=nobody. This doesn't work for me and I assume it's because `nobody` isn't allowed to create the PID file. Also, nobody wouldn't later be allowed to change UID to the one specified in minidlnad's config.

It would be nice if we could just say systemctl start minidlna and have it work. Could you please drop the User= line from the service file or fix it some other way. E.g. the official minidlna package creates a new `minidlna` user. That code could just be copied wholesale to this package if desired.

Anonymous comment on 2013-08-14 05:12

Installing pkg-config solved my problems.

Anonymous comment on 2013-08-13 21:11

checking for sqlite3_prepare_v2 in -lsqlite3... yes
./configure: line 9454: syntax error near unexpected token `LIBAVFORMAT,'
./configure: line 9454: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBAVFORMAT, libavformat)'

After #'ing out the the PKG_CHECK_MODULES for LIBAVFORMAT, LIVAVUTIL, LIBAVCODEC, and MagickWand... it completes. Alas then upon make,
metadata.c:33:29: fatal error: wand/MagickWand.h: No such file or directory
#include <wand/MagickWand.h>.

In, before building I tried directly #INCLUDE_DIR "/usr/include/ImageMagick-6", to no avail.

stativ commented on 2013-08-06 07:18

rndstr: x264 is a dependency of ffmpeg.

rndstr commented on 2013-08-04 10:40

the dependency `x264' is missing

/usr/bin/ld: warning:, needed by /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.8.1/../../../../lib/, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

after installing x264 it works.

stativ commented on 2013-07-05 08:33

You can try the standard "transcode_video" script. That one unfortunately has "DVD quality" output, but it is well tested.

The transcode_video-hq is a quick try on creating a script that tries to keep the quality as high as possible, but it is computationally intensive and it may require bandwidth too big for the TV to actually play some files. My Samsung TV refuses to play some files with this script too. The "client is full??" message in the log confirms it. I'm sure that someone with more experience in using ffmpeg would be able to come up with a better script, though.

tydell commented on 2013-07-04 22:50

It is very clearly what you wrote but I must say I have an issue with that. When I set container to all in minidlna.conf then I can't play any video on my tv (Sony Bravia kdl46nx720).
I try to play mp4 files (h264/aac) that my bravia supports very good. I need to transode this files to get subtitles in my movies (tv doesn't support external subs). I have:

ffmpeg works with srt and ass subs (tested in terminal) so I edited properly transcode_video-hq to load subtitles.
Movie doesn't start, I get "Unable to play media" on my tv. In minidlna.log I get: