Package Details: radium 6.5.77-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/radium.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: radium
Description: A graphical music editor. A next generation tracker.
Upstream URL: https://users.notam02.no/~kjetism/radium
Licenses: GPL2
Groups: pro-audio
Submitter: speps
Maintainer: KenjiTakahashi (Teteros)
Last Packager: Teteros
Votes: 16
Popularity: 0.33
First Submitted: 2013-05-22 03:41
Last Updated: 2020-11-14 18:03

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next › Last »

KenjiTakahashi commented on 2016-12-01 19:28

I have an automated build tool that always builds in clean chroot :-). But I've triggered it manually to build again and... it went fine. Some transient problem? I don't know, but can't reproduce now, so sorry for the noise.

J5lx commented on 2016-11-30 23:03

That looks weird. For me it built just fine. My best guess right now is that it is somehow related to your system configuration. In that case building the package with archbuild (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot) should work just fine. I once had a similar issue where my system refused to build any OCaml packages because hardening-wrapper was installed (FS#42748). If archbuild doesn't solve it we'll have to dig deeper.

KenjiTakahashi commented on 2016-11-30 22:37

Don't have time to investigate right now, but I'm getting

make[1]: Entering directory '/opt/radium/src/radium-4.3.2/bin/packages/libxcb-1.12'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory '/opt/radium/src/radium-4.3.2/bin/packages/libxcb-1.12/src'
GEN xproto.c
File "./c_client.py", line 1937
after_end_of_request = '(((char*)R) + R->length * 4)'
^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1290: xproto.c] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/radium/src/radium-4.3.2/bin/packages/libxcb-1.12/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:788: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/radium/src/radium-4.3.2/bin/packages/libxcb-1.12'
make: *** [Makefile:455: bin/packages/deletemetorebuild] Error 2

trying to compile the newest version (4.3.0 worked fine).

J5lx commented on 2016-11-12 07:33

Update to 4.2.6 is currently blocked by an apparently missing file: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/radium-music-editor/Mt2-JLA7L0o/p3E8TdmrBQAJ

KenjiTakahashi commented on 2016-11-01 12:38

Thanks a lot for working on this, @J5lx! Unfortunately, my jack installation got buggered somehow, so I cannot test it much ATM, but it compiles and runs, so I'd call it's fine :-).
Using patches is indeed a better idea, but sometimes I'm too lazy to do this. Most times these fixes do not last enough for it to be a problem, but here they often do, as we can see.
Removed the SDK comment as not relevant anymore.

J5lx commented on 2016-10-29 22:31

@CrocoDuck Okay, I got the whole thing working now.

@KenjiTakahashi You might want to unpin your comment about manually downloading the SDK now, since it's no longer relevant. I can't do that myself as a co-maintainer.

J5lx commented on 2016-10-29 17:11

@KenjiTakahashi The platform plugin path error was caused by a wrong line number in the sed script in the PKGBUILD. I'm going to replace those sed lines with patches since those are a bit more robust when it comes to line number changes. I'm still looking into the other issues though.

UPDATE: I just noticed that this platform plugin path error also affects other stuff like the crash reporter. I'll include those in the patch as well.

UPDATE 2: argh why did they have to update clang just the moment I was going to finish this now I have to update the clang patch as well and REBUILD RADIUM FROM SCRATCH FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME

J5lx commented on 2016-10-29 14:30

I have now created the patch and it compiles just fine. However, when I try to run Radium, I get the error message reported by @esclapion. Using the command line provided by @KenjiTakahashi, I get the splash screen, but what follows are an error message and a (probably) unrelated crash. Since I haven't found time to update Radium in a while, I assume that this is not directly related to the system vst patch, but I'm still looking into it.

For reference, the patch can be found here: https://gist.github.com/024c94fcb223bf5ee252b856a648d57d

KenjiTakahashi commented on 2016-10-26 19:11

Yeah, I agree with @J5lx here. The main problem here (and the reason why this package was stagnant for a very long time in the past) is that upstream has refused to change the way he includes this SDK. There were several discussions on github and some ML (or sth, I don't remember exactly).
In fact, I planned to look at patching it on our own as well, but no time now, sorry. If you'll find some time, @J5lx, please go ahead.

J5lx commented on 2016-10-23 17:21

Addendum: From a quick look, it looks like these are the file that we'd need to patch (in git master):

- /check_dependencies.sh, line 130
- /pluginhost/Builds/Linux/Makefile, line 41, and/or /pluginhost/MyPluginHost.jucer, line 19
- /Makefile.Qt, line 195

I don't have the time to actually do the patch and test it and everything right now, but I'll take care of it next friday or earlier if it's still a thing then.