Package Details: qtwebkit 2.3.4-7

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/qtwebkit.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: qtwebkit
Description: An open source web browser engine (Qt port)
Upstream URL: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKit
Licenses: GPL3, LGPL2.1
Conflicts: qt<4.8
Submitter: arojas
Maintainer: fbrennan
Last Packager: FredBezies
Votes: 54
Popularity: 0.084754
First Submitted: 2017-02-09 07:52
Last Updated: 2018-07-07 22:15

Sources (6)

Pinned Comments

FredBezies commented on 2018-02-05 17:10

@alban : so just use qtwebkit-bin package.

By the way, last time I build this package successfully? January 15th, 2018.

fred@fredo-arch ~ % pacman -Qi qtwebkit

name : qtwebkit

Version : 2.3.4-6

Description : An open source web browser engine (Qt port)

Architecture : x86_64

URL : http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKit

Licenses : LGPL2.1 GPL3

Groups : None

Provides : None

Depends On : qt4 systemd gst-plugins-base-libs

Optional Deps : None

Required By : google-musicmanager

Optional For : None

Conflicts With : qt<4.8

Replaces : None

Installed Size : 35.26 MiB

Packager : Unknown Packager

Build Date : Mon Jan 15 10:41:57 2018

Install Date : Mon Jan 15 10:47:06 2018

Install Reason : Explicitly installed

Install Script : No

Validated By : None

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next › Last »

ozooha commented on 2017-04-30 13:23

DeathHacker How did you do that?
I did
yaourt -G libxml2
then removed the icu from PKGBUILD and then did
makepkg -si
to install over the version with the icu dependency.
Then started to build qtwebkit but go the same error.
Please help.

sudobash418 commented on 2017-04-28 03:45

Got the same error as the others, so I updated (my entire system) to testing, and tried to build, got same error.

Qt4 version: 4.8.7-19
ICU version: 59.1-1
libxml2 version: 2.9.4+16+g07418011-2

Update: reverted to "stable", modified libxml2 PKGBUILD to remove icu, and it appears to work now!

WoefulDerelict commented on 2017-04-27 22:51

This issue results from a feature mismatch in the binary qt4 and libxml2. Presently the package for libxml2 is built with ICU support while qt4 is not: resulting in the error.

There is already an updated qt4 package in testing that has been built with ICU support and this builds against it just fine.

microdou commented on 2017-04-27 17:28

I got the same error as @LikeSmith ...

LikeSmith commented on 2017-04-26 15:58

I am getting an error about a conflicting declaration when I try to compile this package:

In file included from /usr/include/unicode/utypes.h:38:0,
from /usr/include/unicode/ucnv_err.h:88,
from /usr/include/unicode/ucnv.h:52,
from /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/encoding.h:31,
from /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/parser.h:810,
from /home/USER/build-repos/qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Source/WebCore/xml/XSLStyleSheet.h:32,
from /home/USER/build-repos/qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Source/WebCore/xml/XSLTProcessor.h:29,
from generated/JSXSLTProcessor.h:27,
from /home/USER/build-repos/qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/JSDOMWindowCustom.cpp:54:
/usr/include/unicode/umachine.h: At global scope:
/usr/include/unicode/umachine.h:357:17: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef int32_t UChar32’
typedef int32_t UChar32;

From what I've been able to find, this seems to have something to do with libxml2 either supporting or not supporting ICU, and that conflicting with this package...However I am not sure how to fix this.

Paullux commented on 2017-04-22 12:46

Compilation error :

WARNING: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-paul/aur-qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Source/WTF/WTF.pri:26: Unable to find file for inclusion .qmake.cache
make -f Makefile.LLIntOffsetsExtractor
make[3] : on entre dans le répertoire « /tmp/yaourt-tmp-paul/aur-qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/WebKitBuild/Release/Source/JavaScriptCore »
ruby /tmp/yaourt-tmp-paul/aur-qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Source/JavaScriptCore/offlineasm/generate_offset_extractor.rb /tmp/yaourt-tmp-paul/aur-qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Source/JavaScriptCore/llint/LowLevelInterpreter.asm LLIntDesiredOffsets.h
/usr/lib/ruby/2.4.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /usr/lib/ruby/2.4.0/x86_64-linux/digest/sha1.so (LoadError)
from /usr/lib/ruby/2.4.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
from /tmp/yaourt-tmp-paul/aur-qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Source/JavaScriptCore/offlineasm/generate_offset_extractor.rb:30:in `<main>'
make[3]: *** [Makefile.LLIntOffsetsExtractor:244: LLIntDesiredOffsets.h] Error 1
make[3] : on quitte le répertoire « /tmp/yaourt-tmp-paul/aur-qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/WebKitBuild/Release/Source/JavaScriptCore »
make[2]: *** [Makefile.JavaScriptCore:258: sub-LLIntOffsetsExtractor-pro-make_for_qmake] Error 2
make[2] : on quitte le répertoire « /tmp/yaourt-tmp-paul/aur-qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/WebKitBuild/Release/Source/JavaScriptCore »
make[1]: *** [Makefile:388: sub-Source-JavaScriptCore-JavaScriptCore-pro-recursive_qmake] Error 2
make[1] : on quitte le répertoire « /tmp/yaourt-tmp-paul/aur-qtwebkit/src/qtwebkit-2.3.4/WebKitBuild/Release »
make: *** [Makefile:408: incremental] Error 2

Moviuro commented on 2017-03-18 08:38

@Scimmia: weird. `base-devel` looked like it was installed. Only `core/flex` was missing. Thanks.

Scimmia commented on 2017-03-17 09:23

Moviuro, read the AUR wiki page

Moviuro commented on 2017-03-17 09:07

core/flex is required to build but not advertised in the PKGBUILD as build dependency.

defkev commented on 2017-03-13 01:13

Took almost an hour to build on a i7-6700HQ