Package Details: qemu-user-static-bin 5.2-7

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/qemu-user-static-bin.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: qemu-user-static-bin
Description: A generic and open source machine emulator, statically linked
Upstream URL: http://wiki.qemu.org
Keywords: emulation qemu
Licenses: GPL2, LGPL2.1
Conflicts: qemu-user, qemu-user-static
Provides: qemu-user, qemu-user-static
Submitter: dvdhrm
Maintainer: JerryXiao (jpegxguy)
Last Packager: jpegxguy
Votes: 82
Popularity: 0.93
First Submitted: 2017-10-05 07:33
Last Updated: 2021-04-17 12:33

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next › Last »

TioDuke commented on 2014-08-18 12:26

Thank you tycho. I tried (ab)using update-binfmts to no avail. Then, I took your script (with little modifications).

I am satisfied with doing it this way (there shouldn't be much of a high-maintenance as these magic/mask string don't change much, or ever).

tycho commented on 2014-08-18 10:58

Here's what I came up with. It's a bit high-maintenance for my liking, but it should work...

http://git.uplinklabs.net/snoonan/projects/archlinux/ec2/ec2-packages.git/tree/qemu-user-static/PKGBUILD?id=3bece4db7ef0e3bbdc3c4258545291227c2b1c83

tycho commented on 2014-08-18 09:48

Or more accurately, it abuses update-binfmts. There will need to be some hackery to mutate the postinst into something useful.

tycho commented on 2014-08-18 09:45

See the 'postinst' script in the control tarball. It generates the binfmts.

TioDuke commented on 2014-08-08 22:18

I have tried to update the package to version 2.1, but unfortunately there is no trace of the binfmt files. Until I found a solution, I am not planning to update the package.

@pngochai: If you know where to find the binfmt files, feel free to point me in the right direction. I have already searched inside most of the qemu-* packages from Debian (including qemu-binfmt), to no avail.

pngochai commented on 2014-08-08 21:53

Version 2.1 PKGBUILD
===============================
# Maintainer: Sergio Tridente <tioduke at gmail dot com >

pkgname=qemu-user-static
pkgver=2.1
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A generic and open source processor emulator which achieves a good emulation speed by using dynamic translation, statically linked."
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
license=('GPL2' 'LGPL2.1')
url="http://wiki.qemu.org/Index.html"
depends=()
optdepends=('binfmt-support: to allow handling foreign ELF binaries and executing them via qemu')
conflicts=()
_arch=i386
[ "$CARCH" = 'x86_64' ] && _arch=amd64
_debsrc=${pkgname}_${pkgver}+dfsg-2_${_arch}.deb
source=(http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/q/qemu/${_debsrc})
sha1sums=('16afb8a1853c535ed27e9292d5c57110657c8145')
[ "$CARCH" = 'i686' ] && sha1sums=('b9d74a745e09fa7188a9c27e710ced87f5888224')

build() {
cd "$srcdir"
ar p ${_debsrc} data.tar.xz | bsdtar xf -
}

package() {
cd "$pkgdir"
mkdir -p "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/
mkdir -p "$pkgdir"/usr/share/man/
mkdir -p "$pkgdir"/var/lib/

cp "$srcdir"/usr/bin/* "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/
cp "$srcdir"/usr/share/man/man1 "$pkgdir"/usr/share/man/ -r
}

TioDuke commented on 2014-06-01 09:37

Uptdated t0 version 2.0.0

Thank you XenGi

XenGi commented on 2014-05-31 19:49

Here is a updated PKGBUILD for version 2.0.0 from debian repos. I don't trust canonical with this.

https://gist.github.com/XenGi/bfb305176b6bb22313a2

XenGi commented on 2014-05-31 19:48

Here is a updated PKGBUILD for version 2.0.0 from debian repos. I don't trust canonical with this.

# Maintainer: Sergio Tridente <tioduke at gmail dot com >

pkgname=qemu-user-static
pkgver=2.0.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A generic and open source processor emulator which achieves a good emulation speed by using dynamic translation, statically linked."
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
license=('GPL2' 'LGPL2.1')
url="http://wiki.qemu.org/Index.html"
depends=()
optdepends=('binfmt-support: to allow handling foreign ELF binaries and executing them via qemu')
conflicts=()
_arch=i386
[ "$CARCH" = 'x86_64' ] && _arch=amd64
_debsrc=${pkgname}_${pkgver}+dfsg-4~bpo70+1_${_arch}.deb
source=(http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/q/qemu/${_debsrc})
sha1sums=('24d2f29bd438f1e3fe9a881f6e3dcc3916bc5665')
[ "$CARCH" = 'i686' ] && sha1sums=('cbffd52b79d802db52417e40886f562636f7ac24')

build() {
cd "$srcdir"
ar p ${_debsrc} data.tar.gz | bsdtar xf -
}

package() {
cd "$pkgdir"
mkdir -p "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/
mkdir -p "$pkgdir"/usr/share/man/
mkdir -p "$pkgdir"/var/lib/

cp "$srcdir"/usr/bin/* "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/
cp "$srcdir"/usr/share/man/man1 "$pkgdir"/usr/share/man/ -r
cp "$srcdir"/usr/share/binfmts "$pkgdir"/var/lib/ -r
}

erholst commented on 2014-04-04 05:56

Changed again.
with yaourt i choose to Edit PKGBUILD to change this line:
from:
source=(http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/q/qemu/${_debsrc})
to:
source=(http://launchpadlibrarian.net/163116292/${_debsrc})