Package Details: proton-ge-custom-bin 6.1_GE_2-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/proton-ge-custom-bin.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: proton-ge-custom-bin
Description: A fancy custom distribution of Valves Proton with various patches
Upstream URL: https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom
Keywords: d9vk DXVK Faudio GloriousEggroll MediaFoundation Proton protonfixes Steam System-wide Valve vkd3d Wine
Licenses: custom, BSD, MPL, LGPL, MIT, zlib
Conflicts: proton-ge-custom-stable-bin
Provides: proton
Submitter: miss_barfin
Maintainer: miss_barfin (Jaja, kescherAUR, floriplum)
Last Packager: floriplum
Votes: 45
Popularity: 4.45
First Submitted: 2020-02-21 11:06
Last Updated: 2021-02-08 05:32

Dependencies (15)

Required by (1)

Sources (2)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

juxuanu commented on 2021-02-08 13:25

Last version fixes the issue :-)

floriplum commented on 2021-02-03 04:25

Have you tried it with other programs? I normally don't use the proton script included, but i just tried and it is working for the program i tried.

I will take a look again later, but since the script is just a simple wrapper calling proton, it probably is something that change with the latest hotfix.

juxuanu commented on 2021-02-02 21:51

6.1_GE_1-2 -> 6.1_GE_1-3

now this happens (it does not with previous version):

$ proton <game.exe>
ProtonLauncher[37928] INFO: empty SteamAppId set to 0
ProtonFixes[37930] INFO: Running protonfixes
ProtonFixes[37930] INFO: Running checks
ProtonFixes[37930] INFO: All checks successful
ProtonFixes[37930] INFO: Using global defaults for UNKNOWN (0)
ProtonFixes[37930] INFO: No protonfix found for UNKNOWN (0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/steam/compatibilitytools.d/proton-ge-custom/proton", line 1288, in <module>
    g_session.run_proc([g_proton.wineserver_bin, "-w"])
  File "/usr/share/steam/compatibilitytools.d/proton-ge-custom/proton", line 1248, in run_proc
    subprocess.call(args, env=local_env, stderr=self.log_file, stdout=self.log_file)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py", line 349, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py", line 947, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py", line 1739, in _execute_child
    env_list.append(k + b'=' + os.fsencode(v))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/os.py", line 810, in fsencode
    filename = fspath(filename)  # Does type-checking of `filename`.
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

floriplum commented on 2021-02-01 18:33

Now it should work again until the next Hotfix is applied : )

I also change the checksum to sha256, if someone want to verify that the file hasn't change they can look at the commit and verify it themself.

floriplum commented on 2021-02-01 17:54

That explains why the package failed to build.

@Strykar i already considered replacing it with sha256, i just thought about the best way to do it without generating doubt that i tempered with the supplementary.tar.zst.
I mean you can still see the md5sum in the git history, so if someone is in doubt they should be able to confirm it.

patatahooligan commented on 2021-02-01 12:13

The tarballs md5 is actually 2a5c84ae1e56bcc51d1aa54957d30bd6

I imagine that all these errors occur unexpectedly because GE releases hotfixes by replacing the tarball instead of uploading as a new file, so the URL is reused. This means that for every hotfix released, you have to update the PKGBUILD unfortunately.

Strykar commented on 2021-02-01 10:33

==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    proton-ge-custom-6.1-GE-1_2.tar.gz ... FAILED
    supplementary.tar.zst ... Passed
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

$ md5sum proton-ge-custom-6.1-GE-1_2.tar.gz 
2a5c84ae1e56bcc51d1aa54957d30bd6  proton-ge-custom-6.1-GE-1_2.tar.gz

$ grep md5 PKGBUILD 
md5sums=('c50ec8ced8361269182dae5acc5d1332'

Would you also please consider using SHA256sum instead of MD5?

Plexcon commented on 2021-02-01 10:18

==> ERROR: ¡Uno o más archivos no superaron el control de validación! Fallo al construir el proton-ge-custom-bin

Jiminimonka commented on 2021-02-01 09:10

Still getting the error - it built yesterday but today:

Building proton-ge-custom-bin... ==> Making package: proton-ge-custom-bin 6.1_GE_1-2 (Mon 01 Feb 2021 09:08:19 GMT) ==> Checking runtime dependencies... ==> Checking buildtime dependencies... ==> Retrieving sources... -> Found proton-ge-custom-6.1-GE-1_2.tar.gz -> Found supplementary.tar.zst ==> Validating source files with md5sums... proton-ge-custom-6.1-GE-1_2.tar.gz ... FAILED supplementary.tar.zst ... Passed ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check! Failed to build proton-ge-custom-bin

floriplum commented on 2021-02-01 04:23

You were right, for some reason i included the wrong checksum.
Strangely enought, it worked for me yesterday while rebuilding twice.