Package Details: prey-node-client 1.9.10-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/prey-node-client.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: prey-node-client
Description: Remote tracking and monitoring application for laptops, smartphones, and other electronic devices
Upstream URL: https://preyproject.com/
Licenses: GPL3
Replaces: prey-tracker
Submitter: lutoma
Maintainer: xpt (phnx47)
Last Packager: phnx47
Votes: 35
Popularity: 0.93
First Submitted: 2014-12-02 03:20
Last Updated: 2021-04-12 15:08

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

costancho commented on 2021-03-10 00:01

Is lacking the prey-daemon service, recognizes the equipment at the first configuration, then it appears as off.

When I try with: sudo systemctl status prey-agent
The console shows: Unit prey-agent.service could not be found

rerep commented on 2020-12-23 05:26

GUI works fine for me in KDE (plasma 5.20.4).

If the package is out of date and you want to update, just edit 'pkgver' in PKGBUILD to 1.9.8 or whatever the current version is on github and edit the sha256sum to ('SKIP')

phnx47 commented on 2020-06-23 15:06

@whoisroot Thanks you! I did it already...

I'm not sure about Python and some functional. For example this PR: https://github.com/prey/prey-node-client/pull/459. And GUI doesn't work in KDE.

My version here: https://gitlab.com/phnx47-aur/prey-node-client/-/commit/33b33356e20214d7147f14f20b4dc34e01ae8d54

whoisroot commented on 2020-06-23 14:49

Since all you gotta do to update is change the pkgver from 1.9.1 to 1.9.4 and the checksums:

-sha256sums_x86_64=('699e601d2e629dfee97df6bfab4ed0c79e717d020ea59365bd76ffdca63c596d')
-sha256sums_i686=('1f6c1407457ac4ea11a039a32054bfb87920029eeabec26b60660fc5dc58ccda')

+sha256sums_x86_64=('5c1e4a2917b3e9b6e90b38a72c2d6e53128519e7d636a299b8374adbe57e6246')
+sha256sums_i686=('e1f29f0b2836a97bce9ef7bbb4a92ccfad23cd57b0547cae75aa83fab5e858e1')

Just run this after downloading the PKGBUILD:

# Update pkgver
sed -i 's/9.1/9.4/g' PKGBUILD
# Update i686 sha256sum
sed -i 's/699e601d2e629dfee97df6bfab4ed0c79e717d020ea59365bd76ffdca63c596d/5c1e4a2917b3e9b6e90b38a72c2d6e53128519e7d636a299b8374adbe57e6246/g' PKGBUILD
# Update x86_64 sha256sum
sed -i 's/1f6c1407457ac4ea11a039a32054bfb87920029eeabec26b60660fc5dc58ccda/e1f29f0b2836a97bce9ef7bbb4a92ccfad23cd57b0547cae75aa83fab5e858e1/g' PKGBUILD
# Install the package
makepkg -i

phnx47 commented on 2020-06-20 18:24

I tried update to 1.9.4. Cli is working, but I'm not sure about correct work.

Any news about support Prey in Arch?

jorgicio commented on 2020-03-05 02:29

1.9.3 is released some time ago and it's the latest version.

tag_enk commented on 2019-08-13 02:19

Can confirm 1.9.1 does work better but it still doesn't generate reports. I can now at least send alarms and notifications to the laptop which I couldn't do before. xpt you out there to update your PKGBUILD?

zerkz commented on 2019-03-23 19:42

This seems to be dead in a variety of ways, I have much trouble getting it working and tried a good bit of the workarounds. Anyone have luck in 2019?

benmarshall commented on 2018-12-10 19:51

This package still seems to work with the latest release from github (1.8.2) with minor modifications to the patch file: diff entry for 'lib/system/linux/index.js' needs to be removed.

jhartz commented on 2018-02-17 19:05

It seems like the main issue is that, when "/opt/prey-node-client/bin/prey" is accessed via the symlink "/usr/bin/prey_project", it doesn't realize that it should be looking for node deps in "/opt/prey-node-client".

To fix: remove the "/usr/bin/prey_project" symlink and replace it with a new file:

#!/bin/sh
exec /opt/prey-node-client/bin/prey "$@"

I'd also recommend that the PKGBUILD be updated to do this instead of make "/usr/bin/prey_project" a symlink.