Package Details: pi-bluetooth 1.2_4-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: pi-bluetooth
Description: Services, firmware and udev rules to get integrated bluetooth running in Raspberry Pi 3
Upstream URL: None
Licenses: Multiple
Submitter: Huulivoide
Maintainer: blm768
Last Packager: blm768
Votes: 25
Popularity: 0.096457
First Submitted: 2016-03-19 20:54
Last Updated: 2019-04-12 03:51

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 Next › Last »

onny commented on 2019-12-09 20:46

@emmanuelux still no luck, tried every possible baudrate. i've seen that upstream rpi4 devide tree uses hardware flow and additional configuration on uart but I'm not sure if I could use or test this?

emmanuelux commented on 2019-12-07 11:56

@onny, you have tried other baudrates ? bluetooth 5 is at 2 Mbit/s, so 2000000 seems good, you have tried less? your audio device needs how much bandwith ?

onny commented on 2019-12-07 10:25

@emmanuelux alarm-bluetooth-raspberrypi looks like a good and solid fix but unfortunately audio is choppy again for me on the raspberry pi 4

emmanuelux commented on 2019-12-06 01:42

@ymermoud works perfect on raspberry 4, thank you

ymermoud commented on 2019-11-30 07:19

IMHO this is a better approach for Pi 3B/3B+/Zero W

pedroaraujo commented on 2019-11-09 10:09

I tried the change suggested by emmanuelux but it ruined the Bluetooth audio for me. Using "btattach -B /dev/ttyAMA0 -P bcm -S 3000000" gives me a very choppy audio but it sounds fine with "hciattach -n /dev/ttyAMA0 bcm43xx 921600 noflow -".

emmanuelux commented on 2019-10-13 00:20

after 2 weeks of use, i can say it is stable on PI 4 ... in waiting for a better support to avoid /sys/class/bluetooth/hc0 and /sys/class/bluetooth/hc1 created if we dont blacklist btsdio (or other module)

LordSocky commented on 2019-10-05 23:25

The raw package didn't work for me on my Raspberry Pi 4, but I can confirm the directions provided by emmanuelux work. I haven't encountered any of the mentioned stability problems, but I only have a singular bluetooth controller on it (8Bitdo SF30 Pro) and have only lightly tested it so far, so perhaps I just haven't given it enough chances to break.

If I encounter any problems, I'll add them to this comment later.

emmanuelux commented on 2019-09-29 21:11

I get it working on PI 4, without bluez-utils-compat

I use btattach in place of hciattach (deprecated) in brcm43438.service

I have changed this :

ExecStart=/usr/bin/hciattach -n /dev/ttyAMA0 bcm43xx 921600 noflow -

ExecStart=/usr/bin/btattach -B /dev/ttyAMA0 -P bcm -S 3000000

I use 3000000 for baurate as it is used for PI 3 according to gentoo wiki (I don't know the correct baud rate for PI 4), see there (link in PKGBUILD too) :

I use blueman as GUI config and bluetoothctl as command line config. It is OK after some tries and errors with xbox one controllers and bluetooth keyboard (not 100% stable, one kernel crash, but ok for now)

A second hci1 adapter is created with this driver (hci0 and hci1). To avoid this, we need to blacklist the module btsdio in /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf (see :

blacklist btsdio

Neil commented on 2019-09-17 17:13

@blm768: Thanks for the reply. Not sure if a recent update has sorted things, but so far it seems reliable (or I've just got lucky!)