Package Details: opensiddur-hebrew-fonts 1.18.6-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/opensiddur-hebrew-fonts.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: opensiddur-hebrew-fonts
Description: The Open Siddur Project's Unicode Hebrew font pack. A large collection of open source Hebrew fonts, as well as a few for Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic, and Amharic
Upstream URL: https://github.com/aharonium/fonts
Keywords: font hebrew
Licenses: GPL2, GPL3, Apache, custom:OFL, LPPL, GPL-FE, UBL
Conflicts: culmus, ttf-sil-ezra, ttf-symbola
Submitter: rellieberman
Maintainer: rellieberman
Last Packager: rellieberman
Votes: 3
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2018-06-21 23:14
Last Updated: 2020-07-02 07:35

Dependencies (0)

Required by (0)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

rellieberman commented on 2021-02-02 11:39

Good afternoon I'm assuming its bsdtar and not bdstar that created the error.

On my system:

>>locale -a
C
en_US.utf8
he_IL.utf8
POSIX

and

>>locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME=he_IL.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

can you run these before makepkg and confirm your locale is set correctly?

scott commented on 2021-02-02 09:39

Apologies, I'm on a very challenging keyboard/mouse -- previous comment entered unintentionally...

$makepkg -si
...
->Extracting opensiddur-hebrew-fonts-1.18.6.zip with bdstar
bdstar: Pathname cannot be converted from UTF-8 to current locale.
bdstar: Archive entry has empty or unreadable filename ... skipping.
...
[this error repeats 8 times]
bdstar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
==> ERROR: Failed to extract opensiddur-hebrew-fonts-1.18.6.zip
Aborting...

I have tried to "makepkg -si" with my locale set to "C", to "en_US.UTF-8" and to "he_IL.UTF-8" and all give the same error.

I was able to makepkg -si for culmus without error.

If I should be asking somewhere else, please forgive me and point me in the right direction. Yes, I have searched both the wiki and the bbs. Thanks!

scott commented on 2021-02-02 09:29

$ makepkg -si ... -> Extracting opensiddur-hebrew-fonts-1.18.6.zip with bdstar bdstar: Pathname cannot be converted from UTF-8 to current locale. bdstar:

rellieberman commented on 2020-07-02 07:37

Seems like they were not necessary dependencies at all. I have remove all unneeded dependencies and updating system should not conflict any more.

bobi commented on 2020-07-01 07:20

xorg-fonts-alias dependency seems to be replaced with/split into a bunch of new ones: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=xorg-fonts-alias

rellieberman commented on 2019-12-31 11:28

I agree. Modified the description to better, well, describe this package.

ron2138 commented on 2019-12-29 17:03

I am confused about the description of this package. I think modification is in place. Perhaps something like:

Open-source licensed Unicode fonts: majority are Hebrew fonts. There are also Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic, Amharic and more. Packaged from the Open Siddur Project's open-source Unicode font pack.

rellieberman commented on 2019-10-03 10:12

For now I added ttf-symbola to conflicts list.

This package contains ttf-symbola fonts plus two other fonts by George Douros.

ttf-symbola seems pretty popular (as well as culmus) and I'm wondering if I should remove these fonts from this package in order to resolve the conflicts. Alternatively leaving them would keep this package a simple go-to for most free Hebrew fonts.

gesh commented on 2019-10-02 22:47

Conflicts with Symbola

rellieberman commented on 2019-02-09 21:45

Added to conflicts list.

Note: package conflicts culmus and ttf-sil-ezra as it contains their fonts (plus many more).