Package Details: oda-file-converter 20.8.0.0-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/oda-file-converter.git (read-only)
Package Base: oda-file-converter
Description: Converts files between the .dwg and .dxf file formats
Upstream URL: https://www.opendesign.com/guestfiles/oda_file_converter
Licenses: custom
Conflicts: teigha-file-converter
Replaces: teigha-file-converter
Submitter: zanny
Maintainer: zanny
Last Packager: zanny
Votes: 28
Popularity: 0.023439
First Submitted: 2018-10-03 02:29
Last Updated: 2019-09-19 22:50

Pinned Comments

zanny commented on 2018-10-03 02:33

Upstream rebranded this to ODA File Converter, and I've remade this package under the oda-file-converter name. The new package still contains a symlink to the old TeighaFileConverter binary that FreeCAD uses.

I've submitted a merge request, but it will be a bit annoying in the mid term that users will be finding reference to a "teigha file converter" that no longer exists.

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

zanny commented on 2018-07-29 23:34

Turns out they did a version increment despite not changing the dl, fixed. Try a clean build because extracts won't override all the old files properly.

Kunda commented on 2018-07-28 22:06

@zanny thank you. I have another error now:

==> Extracting sources...
  -> Extracting TeighaFileConverter_QT5_lnxX64_4.7dll.deb with bsdtar
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
install: cannot stat '/tmp/pamac-build-beast/teigha-file-converter/src/usr/bin/TeighaFileConverter_4.3.2.0/TeighaFileConverter': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...

zanny commented on 2018-07-28 04:05

The remote deb changed but it works on a rebuild so I updated the pkgbuild. Kind of annoying to have them changing the same versioned release though.

Kunda commented on 2018-07-28 02:18

Trying to install 4.3.2.0-1 on Manjaro I get:

TeighaFileConverter_QT5_lnxX64_4.7dll.deb ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

rafaelff commented on 2018-04-04 10:11

Nice. Your package looks cleaner and into Arch's KISS philosophy than mine. A binary named TeighaFileConverter isn't much trouble for using in Arch (e.g. virtualbox has binary VBox), but I don't see much problem in renaming it.

Besides doing delete request for the the qt4 package, could you do a merge request for this qt5 package?

zanny commented on 2018-04-03 15:10

I took a stab at rewriting this package. Since Open Design doesn't even advertise the qt4 version anymore I intend to get rid of it.

For now, the new package is found at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/teigha-file-converter

I reorganized it to install to /opt since this is a proprietary bundle package. If anyone has a link to where the extra license in here came from, I could add that instead of the awful four lines of copyright text in the actual package.

The only up in the air question is about binary and package names - teigha-file-converter abides by Arch convention. TeighaFileConverter is what everything is actually named in Teigha. Freecad auto-detects the converter at /usr/bin/TeighaFileConverter, so for right now I just symlink it to teigha-file-converter. Which isn't very Arch-like. So if popular concensus is just to call it TeighaFileConverter everywhere (including the package name) I could easily refactor that.

If nobody has any complaints, I'll adopt the qt4 package as well and submit deletes on both and have teigha-file-converter replace them.

P0rtn0yz commented on 2018-03-08 00:17

The license is also messed up. You have to manually add a file to the build directory called license and paste in the license...

lafleur commented on 2018-03-04 02:42

I've been updating the PKGBUILD with version number and sha256sums. You should replace _version=4.3.1.0 with _version=4.3.2.0 and run updpkgsums in the PKGBUILD dir to update the sums. Then the package installs fine as of today.

rafaelff commented on 2018-01-23 01:57

Disowning. Feel free to adopt and update.

rafaelff commented on 2017-09-02 12:12

71GA: Thanks, I pushed a new update.

I declared two versions because OpenDesign's versioning doesn't help much:

1) The source tarball never reflects the version change as the filename is always the same (reason why users might get md5sums issue when it's out-of-date)

2) The software version is a bit different of the version in directory names. e.g. for Teigha FileConverter 4.2.2 (see about dialog) the name of directory in source code is 4.02.2.0