Package Details: minecraft-technic-launcher 4.491-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/minecraft-technic-launcher.git (read-only)
Package Base: minecraft-technic-launcher
Description: Choose from thousands of community-made Minecraft modpacks.
Upstream URL: https://www.technicpack.net/
Licenses: custom
Submitter: someoneelse123
Maintainer: ainola
Last Packager: ainola
Votes: 56
Popularity: 1.274159
First Submitted: 2012-05-10 16:14
Last Updated: 2019-10-11 21:14

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next › Last »

ainola commented on 2017-02-16 16:56

thanks for the report, nichdel. There was indeed an update that slipped by me. I've updated. Does it work properly now?

nichdel commented on 2017-02-16 13:51

Downloading and using the latest .jar from their website works, btw. Does this launcher need to be updated?

nichdel commented on 2017-02-16 13:47

I too am having an error connecting to any of the API. The logs are also showing weird FileNotFound errors.

----

An example connection error.

[B#347] 2017/02/16 07:40:23 [WARNING] Unable to load platform pack hexxit
net.technicpack.rest.RestfulAPIException: Error accessing URL [http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/hexxit?build=347]

> curl http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/hexxit?build=347
{
"status": 401,
"error": "Request Unauthorized"
}

----

An example FileNotFound

[B#347] 2017/02/16 07:08:01 [SEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: File '/home/nichdel/.technic/assets/launcher/OpenSans+Cyberbit.ttf' does not exist

> ls /home/nichdel/.technic/assets/launcher/
OpenSans+Cyberbit.ttf Raleway+FireflySung.ttf aether-dep.jar patches

ainola commented on 2017-01-12 01:11

@ullebe1, good catch! I can confirm this behavior. I've "blacklisted" the option while preserving any others.

ullebe1 commented on 2017-01-11 20:52

I have experienced some problems where if the "_JAVA_OPTIONS" environment variable was set to "-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on" the launcher would enter an infinite loop of crashing and restarting. Changing line 4 in the "technic-launcher" file to "unset XMODIFIERS GTK_IM_MODULE QT_IM_MODULE _JAVA_OPTIONS" fixed the problem for me.
Can anyone confirm this observation?

ainola commented on 2017-01-08 22:34

I'm sorry for the delay: I had meant to do this and completely forgot. I've just commented out the bsdtar commands for the licenses until upstream fixes the issue. Thanks for reporting it, DarkShadow44.

DarkShadow44 commented on 2016-11-07 09:38

@ainola Thanks for the reply, I've made a few tests, and think it's related to libarchive. I'm using 3.2.2 (testing) and it works with 3.2.1.
I'm reporting the issue there, but in case anyone comes across this, downgrade should do the trick.

ainola commented on 2016-11-07 00:24

@DarkShadow44, I can't replicate this issue. Are you using an AUR helper?

If so, maybe try clearing out package cache.

DarkShadow44 commented on 2016-11-07 00:15

Latest update fails for me with

licenses/javolution.license.TXT: Could not stat licenses/javolution.license.TXT
licenses/extreme.indiana.edu.license.TXT: Could not stat licenses/extreme.indiana.edu.license.TXT
licenses/thoughtworks.TXT: Could not stat licenses/thoughtworks.TXT
bsdtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

ainola commented on 2016-11-06 16:20

@MarcinWieczorek: I'm pretty late to the party. Thanks for the heads-up.

I think I may have been mistaken when I found the source code on Github. It appears that older versions may have been GPL3 but I'm unable to find any repositories or code dumps of the newer version; therefore, I'm re-licensing to "custom" and including whatever txt files they have for licenses.

Someone could go to the technic forums and inquire if this matter doesn't appear to be correct.