Package Details: mediagoblin 0.9.0-5

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/mediagoblin.git (read-only)
Package Base: mediagoblin
Description: A free software media publishing platform
Upstream URL: http://mediagoblin.org
Licenses: AGPL
Conflicts: mediagoblin-git
Provides: mediagoblin
Submitter: immae
Maintainer: None
Last Packager: immae
Votes: 1
Popularity: 0.000004
First Submitted: 2016-10-30 23:18
Last Updated: 2018-08-08 07:26

Latest Comments

immae commented on 2017-08-28 20:19

@isacdaavid: Hmm I checked without the patch and in my case the gmg script contains the correct shebang. Maybe some other modification in your PKGBUILD (which looks quite different to mine) is responsible for the fail? Didn't check in details...

immae commented on 2017-08-28 20:06

Thanks for the investigation @isacdaavid, I'll update the PKGBUILD

I also use the git version, which seems to fix the celery error. I could probably bisect the git tree to take only the relevant patch, but since the development seems a bit stalled at the moment, I'd suggest anyway to use the git version

isacdaavid commented on 2017-08-26 05:19

so i ended up using mediagoblin-git to work around the second error.

as for the first one, the bad shebang path, i found that a small regex change to the existing sed line in package() would be the best way of solving it. here's my version of it:
https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/pcr/mediagoblin/PKGBUILD?id=60b8d59e87d50bb02dfa130302a696e686413e60#n87

isacdaavid commented on 2017-08-21 02:51

mediagoblin.install runs this at the end of post_install():

/bin/su -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin/bin/gmg dbupdate" mediagoblin

and gmg in turn contains the following shebang:

#!/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin-0.9.0/bin/python

but this doesn't exist, only `/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin/bin/python`, which results in an error to initialize things after install.

if i create a symlink to fill the gap `gmg` will spit the following error:

```
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin/bin/gmg", line 11, in <module>
load_entry_point('mediagoblin', 'console_scripts', 'gmg')()
File "/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin-0.9.0/mediagoblin/gmg_commands/__init__.py", line 111, in main_cli
setup_func = import_component(command_struct['setup'])
File "/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin-0.9.0/mediagoblin/tools/common.py", line 34, in import_component
__import__(module_name)
File "/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin-0.9.0/mediagoblin/gmg_commands/reprocess.py", line 25, in <module>
from mediagoblin.submit.lib import run_process_media
File "/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin-0.9.0/mediagoblin/submit/lib.py", line 32, in <module>
from mediagoblin.processing.task import ProcessMedia
File "/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin-0.9.0/mediagoblin/processing/task.py", line 176, in <module>
tasks.register(ProcessMedia)
File "/usr/share/webapps/mediagoblin-0.9.0/lib/python3.6/site-packages/celery-4.1.0-py3.6.egg/celery/app/registry.py", line 30, in register
type(task).__name__))
celery.exceptions.InvalidTaskError: Task class 'type' must specify .name attribute
error: command failed to execute correctly
```

either way i can't install it successfully, and mediagoblin-celeryd.service will fail.