Package Details: mblock 4.0.0-4

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: mblock
Description: Program Robots / Arduino Without writing a single line of code
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL
Submitter: amiad
Maintainer: amiad
Last Packager: amiad
Votes: 2
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2017-06-08 08:58
Last Updated: 2018-12-12 17:17

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

supercow commented on 2020-04-08 07:51

Hello, @davidrihtarsic,@Quantasy, same problem, solved with @LaserTron solution. I have another issue : which font is used in mblock menu because I only see squares instead of letters....

LaserTron commented on 2020-03-22 14:59


I had the same problem and was able to fix it. The first block in the error message (involving javascript) is due to the fact that the program crashed, but still has a running process. To fix it I rebooted the system (though mabe killing the right process would do the trick.)

The second error, the pango-ERROR, is due to a non-backwards compatible update to pango. To fix that I installed the pango-legacy package, which was made precisely for this sort of problem. I then had to use the following command:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/pango-legacy/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH mblock

Which first tells the system to load the old pango libraries prior to running mblock.

pango-legacy should be added as a dependency and there should be a sensible way of making mblock load using the correct libraries.

davidrihtarsic commented on 2019-10-24 21:38

Same error here:

$ mblock
/opt/mblock/resources/tools/arduino A JavaScript error occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::7070 at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1026:11) at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1049:20) at Server._listen2 (net.js:1253:14) at listen (net.js:1289:10) at Server.listen (net.js:1385:5) at EventEmitter.listen (/opt/mblock/resources/app.asar/node_modules/express/lib/application.js:617:24) at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/mblock/resources/app.asar/app/main.js:32:6) at Module._compile (module.js:556:32) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10) at Module.load (module.js:473:32)

(mblock:875275): Pango-ERROR **: 23:35:44.596: Harfbuzz version too old (1.2.7)

Quantasy commented on 2019-10-23 07:25

Maybe I am missing a thing, but mblock won't start, but consumes 100% CPU

Here is the simple console output:

$ mblock /opt/mblock/resources/tools/arduino app listening on port 7070!

(mblock:16054): Pango-ERROR **: 09:12:29.594: Harfbuzz version too old (1.2.7)


vilija commented on 2019-09-17 20:52

mblock can't start.

[alex@alex-pc ~]$ mblock /opt/mblock/resources/tools/arduino app listening on port 7070! /usr/bin/mblock: line 2: 1839 Segmentation fault (core dumped) /opt/mblock/mblock

amiad commented on 2018-12-12 17:44

@vn158 : I added it.

vn158 commented on 2018-12-10 08:12

'gconf' is missing in 'depends'

marvids commented on 2018-04-28 07:44

I got "Upload failed" when trying to program my sons mbot, and it turns out that the toolsuite included in the package depends on older libs.

By installing avrdude from Community and replacing the package version with a symlink to the installed version I got it working.

sudo rm /opt/mblock/resources/tools/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/avrdude /opt/mblock/resources/tools/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude

The other parts of the tool suite seems to work for now (cross compiler, ...), but I'm guessing it can break anytime. I will look into replacing the entire tool suite with an Arch installed one (when I get the time).

eyal commented on 2018-01-17 12:15

@amiad: I think that I understand what's the problem:

When loading a project, the program first tries to save the current project (even if it's empty). Apparently the default auto-save path is /opt/mblock/resources/web/tmp/project.sb2

My workaround was to set the permissions on this file to 777.

Hopefully there's a better solution, like a setting for the default auto-save path. I'll file a bug on mblock github.

Thanks again for the help.

amiad commented on 2018-01-15 17:12

@eyal: check the permissions of file. You can open bug in github.