Package Details: logisim 2.7.1-7

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: logisim
Description: An educational tool for designing and simulating digital logic circuits
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL2
Submitter: rafaelmartins
Maintainer: Marcel_K (gabry3795)
Last Packager: Marcel_K
Votes: 74
Popularity: 0.000132
First Submitted: 2008-09-28 04:49
Last Updated: 2017-02-01 23:55

Dependencies (6)

Required by (0)

Sources (4)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

Marcel_K commented on 2017-02-01 23:56

Good spot! Just added a 'makedepends'.

Tamwyn commented on 2017-02-01 20:45

The unpacking command utilizing jar requires a jdk to be installed. Maybe add that to the dependencies.

Marcel_K commented on 2016-10-18 13:07

I appreciate your work and I'm going to let you co-maintain this package, no problem with that, but it really is a bug in the AUR helper and should be fixed there, not in all packages in the AUR that the helper has issues with if they just build fine using the official procedure (using makepkg).

In short: go ahead!

gabry3795 commented on 2016-10-18 12:04

I fixed the issue here you can make a pull request or make me the maintainer if you want :)

Marcel_K commented on 2016-09-25 10:27

I can't reproduce this with just makepkg. AUR helpers are known to cause problems, I can't support them all.

ekce commented on 2016-09-25 04:31

When I try to install with Pacaur I get a huge wall of errors that look like this.

==> Extracting sources...
-> Extracting logisim-generic-2.7.1.jar with bsdtar
META-INF/: Can't replace existing directory with non-directory
com/: Can't replace existing directory with non-directory
com/bric/: Can't replace existing directory with non-directory
com/bric/awt/: Can't replace existing directory with non-directory
com/bric/swing/: Can't replace existing directory with non-directory
bsdtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
==> ERROR: Failed to extract logisim-generic-2.7.1.jar
:: failed to build logisim package(s)

Seems this problem has occurred with a few other older packages and was triggered by a change in BSDtar. The fix seems to involve using noextract() and only actually extracting stuff that's used.

For now I just installed with Yaourt instead.

Marcel_K commented on 2014-04-09 22:07

Uploaded new pkgrel that adheres to the Java Package Guidelines:

ISF commented on 2014-04-09 20:50


I'm disowning it since I don't use it anymore. You can adopt it if you want to fix it.

Marcel_K commented on 2014-04-09 20:03

Another two details:
- as there are no ELF executables in the package, 'arch' should be set to 'any';
- bash is part of base, of which you can safely assume that all packages are installed; therefore bash should not be a dependency.

ISF commented on 2014-02-27 16:36


Thanks, fixed!