Package Details: libreoffice-extension-languagetool 4.7-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/libreoffice-extension-languagetool.git (read-only)
Package Base: libreoffice-extension-languagetool
Description: An Open Source style and grammar checker (more than 30 languages)
Upstream URL: https://www.languagetool.org/
Licenses: LGPL
Groups: libreoffice-extensions
Submitter: 3ED_0
Maintainer: 3ED_0
Last Packager: 3ED_0
Votes: 275
Popularity: 0.81
First Submitted: 2011-08-05 14:41
Last Updated: 2019-09-29 17:12

Sources (1)

Pinned Comments

lisu_ml commented on 2016-10-06 20:36

I found that the problem is java jre version. The extension is compiled with version 1.8, but my system by default uses version 1.7 despite I have both version of jre installed.

After running: 'sudo archlinux-java set java-8-openjdk/jre' everything works again.

The funny thing is that after setting default jre back to 1.7 don't break the extension.

lisu_ml commented on 2016-10-06 20:02

I have reinstalled the system and the error is back: The status of this extension is unknown.

I tested it on LO 5.2.1 and 5.1.5.2. This time re-installation of the languagetool doesn't fix the issue.

ronjouch commented on 2015-12-30 14:01

After upgrading to 3.2-1, LibreOffice's extension manager shows the extension disabled, with error message "Error: The status of this extension is unknown".

Applying 3ED_0's suggestion below worked around the issue:
1. remove this package
2. start lowriter then close
3. install this package
4. start libreoffice

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next › Last »

Hexcles commented on 2015-10-05 04:30

After upgrading to Libreoffice 5, this extension (strictly speaking, its configuration dialog) stops working.

Libreoffice 5 switches to GTK3, while the plugin (or JRE?) is still using GTK2. When you try to open the configuration dialog of LanguageTool inside Libreoffice, the whole application will crash. In the terminal you can see error messages complaining not able to mix GTK 2 and GTK 3.

Wonder if there's any solution?

dreadz commented on 2015-02-07 17:54

Thanks meerdan, this helped!

meerdan commented on 2015-02-07 17:30

There may be a nicer way, but I did this:
* Uninstall libreoffice-extension-languagetool
* Update
* Install libreoffice-extension-languagetool

dreadz commented on 2015-02-07 17:14

Hi guys, when i try to update with "pacman -Syyu" i get the following:

"error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: libreoffice-extension-languagetool: requires libreoffice-common"

Any ideas how to fix it?

Rhinoceros commented on 2015-02-04 22:43

libreoffice-still-common, which used to provide libreoffice-common, has been replaced by libreoffice-still, which provides libreoffice. Hence, libreoffice-extension-languagetool should just depend on libreoffice now.

jtts commented on 2013-04-05 21:38

I updated the package to version 2.1:

http://pastebin.com/Rq1GFJSm

jtts commented on 2012-10-09 22:14

No problem!

3ED_0 commented on 2012-10-09 07:04

Sorry, I did not have access to a computer for a few days.

jtts commented on 2012-10-04 20:45

OK. I forgot to disable Lightproof and that's why I couldn't get it to work. So it at least works for me.

jtts commented on 2012-10-04 20:44

OK. I forgot to disable Lightproof and that's why I couldn't get it to work. So it least works for me.