Package Details: libhugetlbfs 2.22-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/libhugetlbfs.git (read-only)
Package Base: libhugetlbfs
Description: A library which provides easy access to huge pages of memory
Upstream URL: https://github.com/libhugetlbfs/libhugetlbfs
Licenses: LGPL2.1
Submitter: ryosei
Maintainer: adsun
Last Packager: adsun
Votes: 5
Popularity: 0.000813
First Submitted: 2008-11-13 02:40
Last Updated: 2019-09-09 13:41

Latest Comments

Larf commented on 2018-05-29 23:19

WARNING: '/usr/lib/perl5/TLBC' contains data from at least 1 packages which will NOT be used by the installed perl interpreter. -> Run the following command to get a list of affected packages: pacman -Qqo '/usr/lib/perl5/TLBC'

I think perl -V:vendorarch like in https://www.archlinux.org/news/perl-library-path-change/ fixes it. But i didn't look into this.

anatolik commented on 2017-12-29 03:35

PhCl, I am disowning the package. Please feel free to adopt and update it.

PhCl commented on 2017-12-22 10:15

Here is an updated version: https://gist.github.com/philipp-classen/9f2dec703c67b5a0ceb58b687320c565

Diff: - updated to 2.20 - fixed: the project is now hosted on github - fixed: the broken gcc patch is no longer needed and has been removed

sakalisc commented on 2016-04-20 14:32

Hi,

The checksum for the gcc51-compile.patch file fails. Specifically, the file hashes to 7f9815617cda7d6218ebb4e6181633c8c3a96074.

anatolik commented on 2015-07-13 04:23

I encourage you to deal with upstream directly. One of the Arch practices is that users should communicate with project developers more actively. This just saves a lot of time to everyone.

Ok, I went ahead and created fix/pull request to the upstream project. A proper upstream fix is definitely better than carrying Arch specific hacks.

paulieg commented on 2015-07-13 03:59

It's only reserved since C99. Since you are happy to sed the Makefile for other purposes, adding the following to your prepare stanza makes sense until upstream fixes the issue (either by renaming the variable or specifying the required standard in cflags):

sed 's/CFLAGS +=/CFLAGS += -std=gnu90/' -i Makefile

anatolik commented on 2015-05-26 17:30

"restrict" is a reserved word in C language. Upstream should not use it for variable names.

Please contact upstream and report this error.

ksbhaskar commented on 2015-05-26 17:26

makepkg -s fails. Below is what happens. Thanks.

$ makepkg -s
==> Making package: libhugetlbfs 2.19-1 (Tue May 26 12:47:13 EDT 2015)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
-> Downloading libhugetlbfs-2.19.tar.gz...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 404 100 404 0 0 1601 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1609
100 385 100 385 0 0 805 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 805
100 177k 100 177k 0 0 135k 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 312k
==> Validating source files with sha1sums...
libhugetlbfs-2.19.tar.gz ... Passed
==> Extracting sources...
-> Extracting libhugetlbfs-2.19.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Starting prepare()...
==> Starting build()...
VERSION
version string: 2.19 (modified)
CC64 obj64/elflink.o
elflink.c: In function ‘get_extracopy’:
elflink.c:484:8: warning: variable ‘sym_start’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
void *sym_start, *sym_end;
^
AS64 obj64/sys-elf_x86_64.o
CC64 obj64/hugeutils.o
hugeutils.c: In function ‘__lh_hugetlbfs_setup_env’:
hugeutils.c:304:40: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘restrict’
char *p, *tok, *exe, buf[MAX_EXE+1], restrict[MAX_EXE];
^
hugeutils.c:309:11: error: expected expression before ‘restrict’
strncpy(restrict, env, sizeof restrict);
^
hugeutils.c:309:3: error: too few arguments to function ‘strncpy’
strncpy(restrict, env, sizeof restrict);
^
hugeutils.c:310:11: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘[’ token
restrict[sizeof(restrict)-1] = 0;
^
hugeutils.c:311:12: error: expected expression before ‘restrict’
for (p = restrict; (tok = strtok(p, ":")) != NULL; p = NULL) {
^
Makefile:292: recipe for target 'obj64/hugeutils.o' failed
make: *** [obj64/hugeutils.o] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...
$

battlesnake commented on 2013-10-19 12:57

My build fails with:

Makefile:138: *** LIB32 (/usr/lib to /usr/lib) and LIB64 (/usr/lib64 to /usr/lib) are resolving to the same place. Manually specify LIB32 and LIB64. e.g. make PREFIX=/usr LIB32=lib32 LIB64=lib64. Stop.