Package Details: idevicerestore-git 1:r663.0b4810f-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/idevicerestore-git.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: idevicerestore-git
Description: Restore/upgrade firmware of iOS devices
Upstream URL: http://www.libimobiledevice.org
Licenses: LGPL3
Submitter: matthewbauer
Maintainer: intelfx
Last Packager: intelfx
Votes: 6
Popularity: 0.001514
First Submitted: 2010-06-22 03:28
Last Updated: 2020-06-20 08:27

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2

intelfx commented on 2014-05-25 19:19

Adopted, updated source and upstream URL, cleaned up PKGBUILD.

peoro commented on 2013-10-26 16:08

It looks like this git repository is 3 years old.
It has been forked though: https://github.com/posixninja/idevicerestore/network and the latest forks seems to compile with no issues.
I successfully built this package just by replacing the repository path in order to use this one: https://github.com/plnep00f/idevicerestore

Anonymous comment on 2013-04-04 00:09

I had better luck with this one:
git clone git://github.com/FrederickGeek8/idevicerestore.git

For the libirecovery dependency used:
git clone git://github.com/FrederickGeek8/libirecovery.git

Didn't bother with AUR packages, just installed dependency in /usr/local.

After all this ran into an error trying to restore iPod4,1_6.1.3 firmware
Writeup is here:
https://github.com/posixninja/idevicerestore/issues/63

sirkingchase commented on 2013-04-01 16:31

Does not compile. The autogen.sh and configure error out, Says it can not find Makefile thus "make" command gives error about no target.

I tried to regenerate the makefile and configure with -
aclocal autoconf autoheader automake --add-missing

and it works, autogen.sh and configure now have a usable makefile and make starts to compile. But then it spits out numerous "error: too few arguments to function", I commented the first errors function and about 10 more popped up.

Real pain in the ass. I finally got ibirecovery compiled and then this crap. Supposely irecovery supports up to ios 6 which is pretty impressive considering the code has not been updated in three years and no one seems to be able to compile it.

I think that it wont compile because the packages we use are to new to work with this old as dirt code.

benob commented on 2012-03-17 16:08

To make it compile again, add this to src/Makefile.am:

idevicerestore_LDADD = /usr/lib/libirecovery.a

cmb commented on 2011-10-05 14:28

This won't build anymore.
Also, libzip needs to be added to the depends array.