Package Details: gpmdp 4.7.1-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/gpmdp.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: gpmdp
Description: A beautiful cross platform Desktop Player for Google Play Music. Stable release.
Upstream URL: http://www.googleplaymusicdesktopplayer.com
Keywords: desktop google gpmdp music play player
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: google-play-music-desktop-player-git, gpmdp-git
Provides: gpmdp
Submitter: BrianAllred
Maintainer: BrianAllred
Last Packager: BrianAllred
Votes: 105
Popularity: 0.87
First Submitted: 2016-03-15 03:10
Last Updated: 2020-01-08 03:46

Pinned Comments

BrianAllred commented on 2017-01-03 20:07

This information is in the .install, but I'm going to sticky it here.

For Chromecast functionality:

1) Verify avahi and nss-mdns are installed.

2) Append "mdns4" to the end of the "hosts" line in /etc/nsswitch.conf.

3) Enable and start both avahi-daemon.service and avahi-daemon.socket.

If this still doesn't work, check your hosts line in /etc/nsswitch.conf. Mine looked like the following:

hosts: files mymachines resolve [!UNAVAIL=return] dns myhostname mdns4

So I changed it to the following:

hosts: files mymachines resolve dns myhostname mdns4

This fixed the problem for me.

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

Celti commented on 2020-05-27 03:07

MPRIS works fine for me, but make sure you don't have any other apps advertising themselves on the bus and possibly interfering — Discord and other Electron apps are particularly prone to this, in my experience.

hacker1024 commented on 2020-05-27 00:12

Has anyone got MPRIS working? I can't.

ejiek commented on 2020-03-17 18:14

I don't think there is a clear way to migrate everyone to gpmdp-bin without hurting this package (the one that should be built from source). My suggestion is to submit a new one and update this to a required state.

Your gpmdp-git looks very close to what this packege should be (probably the only change should be to build it from tar.gz from release).

And this packages current PKGBUILD looks good to be the one for the gpmdp-bin after changing it's name to -bin, correctin the include of .install and making it conflict with gpdmp (not the -git one). There is no need to specify exact package type (-git or -bin) as long as all of them provides the same thing (gpmdp in this case and it's not necessary to provide pkgname it should be included by default)

PS. you can pin a comment with a link to a new binary package to guide users wondering why there are so many new dependencies.

BrianAllred commented on 2020-01-08 03:49

@yochananmarqos

I asked aur-general if this can be renamed or if I need to submit a new package.

yochananmarqos commented on 2020-01-07 17:23

Please build this package from source or resubmit this as gpmdp-bin as it's a binary source.

BrianAllred commented on 2020-01-07 02:32

Depends and optdepends changed according to debtap. If this breaks any functionality, let me know.

HiImTye commented on 2020-01-02 11:13

to be clear, to change the user agent string, you need to edit

"$HOME/.config/Google Play Music Desktop Player/json_store/.settings.json" and find the line that starts with: "spoofedUserAgent": and change the value to: "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0",

then you should be able to log in without the "insecure browser" error message.

note: this must be done when GPMDP is not running or else it will overwrite the string you set when it closes

alanking commented on 2019-12-29 10:51

@bartles this allowed me to sign in

https://github.com/MarshallOfSound/Google-Play-Music-Desktop-Player-UNOFFICIAL-/issues/3545#issuecomment-569278085

BrianAllred commented on 2019-12-27 06:50

@caleb See link below. 4.7 RC builds are still versioned as 4.6.

https://github.com/MarshallOfSound/Google-Play-Music-Desktop-Player-UNOFFICIAL-/issues/3548

caleb commented on 2019-12-27 06:36

The PKGBUILD says 4.7.0 on the tin but downloads a source called google-play-music-desktop-player_4.6.1_amd64.deb — something is wrong with that. The upstream Github repostory is only tagged through 4.6.1, the packages.json only says that, and I can't find anything in the source to justify this. Please don't put artificial version numbers that are not from upstream. If you need to bump something to prompt rebuilds give it a bumped package release number.