Package Details: gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer-git 4.0-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer-git
Description: A mediaplayer indicator for the Gnome Shell
Upstream URL: https://github.com/JasonLG1979/gnome-shell-extensions-mediaplayer
Licenses: GPL2
Conflicts: gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer
Provides: gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer=4.0
Submitter: alucryd
Maintainer: XZS
Last Packager: XZS
Votes: 123
Popularity: 0.000222
First Submitted: 2011-05-27 08:35
Last Updated: 2018-11-15 11:02

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next › Last »

grawity commented on 2011-11-20 19:41

@david.runge: Also make sure you're looking in the right place -- the extension now embeds itself in the "Volume" menu by default.

grawity commented on 2011-11-20 18:46

@david.runge: I'm not even sure. It just works for me. The start order may be related, though -- make sure mpd is started first, and that mpDris2 can successfully connect to it. Also use `d-feet` to check if mpDris2 appears on the session bus; look for "org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.mpd".

For support of additional players: If the player supports MPRIS2, find out the player's D-Bus name (use `d-feet` → File → Session Bus, look for "org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.<foo>") and open an issue at http://octo.cat/7D

However, gmusicbrowser does not have MPRIS2 support, only a custom D-Bus interface, so it won't work with this extension.

dvzrv commented on 2011-11-20 12:25

@grawity: how did you make it work with mpd and mpdris2? I can't seem to get it to work. At least the extension is not showing up, when mpd is started.
Support of gmusicbrowser would be cool.

alucryd commented on 2011-11-06 23:13

Turns out it was the official catalyst drivers which didn't get along with the extension... Reverted to OSS and now everything works fine.

alucryd commented on 2011-11-05 16:07

Thx for the heads up, the problem comes from my end then.

grawity commented on 2011-11-05 13:33

Works for me with mpd, Banshee, Quod Libet and Clementine.

alucryd commented on 2011-11-05 11:53

I've updated the package with an install file to compile the gschemas (once again sorry and thx nagisa, I reacted before checking, but still next time state your reason for flagging out of date so people know what's wrong). BUT my shell crashes each time I click on the extension icon while music is being played (I try playing with the new gsettings, to no avail). When my player (clementine) is running but not playing anything, no crashes. Please tell me if you guys have got the same problem so I can determine where it comes from.

grawity commented on 2011-11-04 23:59

The extension now uses GSettings, and running `glib-compile-schemas` is required after installing a new GSettings schema.

This should be added to the package's post_install script:

glib-compile-schemas usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas

alucryd commented on 2011-11-04 22:55

Now my shell crashes every time I click on the extension... I'll look into it tomorrow, since right now I've got such a crappy connection I'm not even sure you'll read this

alucryd commented on 2011-11-04 22:39

No you were right and I apologize, I thought it was once again somebody who had a problem installing and didn't think twice before flagging out of date. Due to recent changes in the git, the gschemas need to be compiled now. Thanks for the tip!