Package Details: gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer-git 4.0-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer-git
Description: A mediaplayer indicator for the Gnome Shell
Upstream URL: https://github.com/JasonLG1979/gnome-shell-extensions-mediaplayer
Licenses: GPL2
Conflicts: gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer
Provides: gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayer=4.0
Submitter: alucryd
Maintainer: XZS
Last Packager: XZS
Votes: 123
Popularity: 0.000208
First Submitted: 2011-05-27 08:35
Last Updated: 2018-11-15 11:02

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next › Last »

alucryd commented on 2012-03-17 09:09

It seems to be working, here is what I get :

method return sender=:1.75 -> dest=:1.81 reply_serial=2
variant array [
dict entry(
string "mpris:artUrl"
variant string "file:///tmp/clementine-art-dT1576.jpg"
)
dict entry(
string "mpris:length"
variant int32 210000000
)
dict entry(
string "mpris:trackid"
variant string "/org/mpris/MediaPlayer2/Track/3"
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:album"
variant string "Du & Jag Döden"
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:albumArtist"
variant array [
string "Kent"
]
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:artist"
variant array [
string "Kent"
]
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:autoRating"
variant int32 50
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:contentCreated"
variant string "2012-01-28T14:26:35"
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:genre"
variant array [
string "Alternative"
]
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:lastUsed"
variant string "2012-03-02T23:30:27"
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:title"
variant string "Du Var Min Armé"
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:trackNumber"
variant int32 4
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:url"
variant string "file:///media/Data/Music/Kent/Du & Jag Döden/04. Du Var Min Armé.mp3"
)
dict entry(
string "xesam:useCount"
variant int32 1
)
]

I checked in /tmp, and the file is there. tmpfs for /tmp is disabled since I've only got 4GB of memory, and half of it is not enough to build things like xbmc, but it shouldn't be a problem. I'm using catalyst 12.2 on xserver 1.11.4 and linux-ck 3.2.11 kernel if it matters. (I will try booting linux 3.2.11 and see if it changes anything.)

grawity commented on 2012-03-16 22:38

@Alucryd: Works for me here. Could you run the following, and check if the "mpris:artUrl" entry points to a valid image?

dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.clementine \
/org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get \
string:org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player string:Metadata

Should display something like

dict entry(
string "mpris:artUrl"
variant string "file:///tmp/clementine-art-y36933.jpg"
)

alucryd commented on 2012-03-15 15:15

Does anyone get black covers from clementine or is it only me? Covers appear correctly in clementine, but not in the extension.

alucryd commented on 2012-01-24 09:42

Thx for the heads up, I copied another pkgbuild of mine and didn't pay attention to the GPL version. Package updated.

grawity commented on 2012-01-23 17:17

PKGBUILD update - the license appears to be GPL2, not GPL3 (according to http://octo.cat/8T)

grawity commented on 2011-12-26 02:51

@instant: The plugin, I forgot, is aur/deadbeef-plugins-mpris

grawity commented on 2011-12-26 02:49

@instant: Already supported. You need to enable the "MPRIS" plugin and make sure it is configured for MPRIS v2.

Anonymous comment on 2011-12-26 02:35

Might we get Deadbeef support?

grawity commented on 2011-11-21 01:41

@david.runge: That's strange, gmusicbrowser does not show up here. Is there a specific option or plugin I need to enable? I don't see MPRIS2 listed. (MPRIS version 1 is ugly and irrelevant.)

Also:
- It is mpDris2 connecting to mpd, not vice versa. mpd is always the server, waiting for connections.
- mpDris2 should show up on the Session bus, not System. (The System bus is restricted to root.)
- Try updating both the extension and mpDris2 to latest git master versions.

dvzrv commented on 2011-11-20 22:41

@grawity: thanks for the info! :)
gmusicbrowser does in fact support mpdris and mpdris2 (both show up in session bus). Filed an issue for inclusion.

For the mpd part: Seems my mpd is not connecting to mpdris/2 and not starting correctly. Only getting an instance in system bus with changing name ":0.1.11"-something.
Guess I have to recheck my config... :>