Package Details: github-desktop-bin 2.1.0-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/github-desktop-bin.git (read-only)
Package Base: github-desktop-bin
Description: GUI for managing Git and GitHub.
Upstream URL: https://desktop.github.com
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: github-desktop
Provides: github-desktop
Submitter: immackay
Maintainer: immackay
Last Packager: immackay
Votes: 6
Popularity: 0.734601
First Submitted: 2018-08-01 14:12
Last Updated: 2019-07-06 03:44

Latest Comments

wyre commented on 2019-01-17 02:39

@immackay, likely you must update your .SRCINFO, cause yay is giving me a warning about my github-desktop-bin version is newer than AUR

LeaveAThousand commented on 2018-12-22 19:12

Should change line 29 of PKGBUILD to:

printf "#!/bin/sh\n\nLD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libcurl-openssl-1.0.so /opt/${_pkgname}/github-desktop \"\$@\"\n" | install -Dm755 /dev/stdin "${pkgdir}/usr/bin/${_pkgname}" }

friday commented on 2018-12-13 19:41

@immackay: Thanks for creating this package. I've updated it to the latest build here https://gist.github.com/friday/e29a91956619e3520c34caa0ace4e4a7.

mlerota commented on 2018-08-27 11:29

@immackay, it works now! No "Segmentation faults" any more. I tested both. github-desktop-bin and github-desktop latest versions (1.3.4-1).

Thanks for fixing this.

immackay commented on 2018-08-24 04:28

@mlerota, do you have any way of reproducing that error? I have not been able to so far.

EDIT: I have removed the LD_PRELOAD line as github-desktop depends on libcurl-gnutls now, as far as I can tell. Previously there was no explicit support for linux.

mlerota commented on 2018-08-15 14:52

Have the same problem on https://aur.archlinux.org/github-desktop.git

/usr/bin/github-desktop: line 3: 24454 Segmentation fault (core dumped) LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 /opt/github-desktop/desktop "$@"

And /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3 is owned by libcurl-compat 7.61.0-1.

foops commented on 2018-08-10 07:58

/usr/bin/github-desktop: line 3: 15580 Segmentation fault (core dumped) LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 /opt/github-desktop/desktop "$@"

This is on a completely fresh install of Arch. Not sure if I should report this upstream or if this is a packaging issue.