Package Details: gitea-git v1.15.0_dev_359_g2a998048ef-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: gitea-git
Description: Painless self-hosted Git service. Community managed fork of Gogs.
Upstream URL:
Keywords: git
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: gitea
Provides: gitea
Submitter: francoism90
Maintainer: kageru
Last Packager: kageru
Votes: 6
Popularity: 0.000028
First Submitted: 2016-11-15 09:57
Last Updated: 2021-05-29 16:52

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

kageru commented on 2020-12-22 15:43

Got it. I reenabled bindata and also changed most other things that have diverged from the repo package. The only meaningful difference now is this package setting GOCACHE for users with read-only home directories.

Thanks again.

Archange commented on 2020-12-22 15:06

Yes indeed, because the parallel compilation implied that at some point it tried to embed (which is the point of bindata) assets that were not yet fully built. So we ended with partially built assets in the binary, and hence an half-working website.

Forcing serial builds avoid this issue, because assets are built before being embedded.

kageru commented on 2020-12-22 13:18

@Archange thanks for pointing that out. I tried to modify my PKGBUILD to match yours as closely as possible, and it appears the fix for make bindata not working was forcing make -j1 (at least on my system). Can you confirm that parallel compilation is what broke it to begin with (and that it’s safe to reenable with make -j1)?

Archange commented on 2020-12-22 09:56

@kageru: Note that the repo package enabled bindata again after finding the root issue with assets.

kageru commented on 2020-09-25 17:47

Upstream made changes to the default config that broke the patch. I fixed it and pushed a new version.

fclad commented on 2020-09-25 01:29

Current build is failing:

==> Validating source files with sha512sums... gitea ... Skipped gitea.tmpfiles ... Passed gitea.service ... Passed gitea.sysusers ... Passed gitea-arch-defaults.patch ... Passed ==> Removing existing $srcdir/ directory... ==> Extracting sources... -> Creating working copy of gitea git repo... Cloning into 'gitea'... done. Updating files: 100% (9521/9521), done. ==> Starting prepare()... patching file custom/conf/app.example.ini Hunk #1 FAILED at 7. Hunk #2 succeeded at 324 (offset 9 lines). Hunk #3 succeeded at 394 (offset 9 lines). Hunk #4 succeeded at 801 (offset 40 lines). Hunk #5 succeeded at 829 (offset 40 lines). 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file custom/conf/app.example.ini.rej ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare(). Aborting...

WSDMatty commented on 2020-06-08 04:19

Cannot build package. I'm not sure what's wrong....

Output from makepkg -si

tinywrkb commented on 2020-02-27 13:17

With the latest Go release there's no need for the workaround for issue 33326 so it can be dropped for the PKGBUILD.

  # Workaround for
  export GOPATH="${srcdir}/gopath"

Archange commented on 2020-01-11 16:04

Indeed, the default path is now specified at build time (

kageru commented on 2020-01-11 14:47

I updated to PKGBUILD, and 1.12 builds fine on my end now. I also replaced the ldflags patch with the fix from the repo package as suggested by Archange.

Because of, npm/nodejs is now a makedep.

1.12 seems to have changed some behavior when not using the default data path (/var/lib/gitea), at least it did for me. I added a notice to the install script.