Package Details: gerbera 1.4.0-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/gerbera.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: gerbera
Description: UPnP Media Server (Based on MediaTomb)
Upstream URL: https://github.com/gerbera/gerbera
Keywords: DLNA UPnP
Licenses: GPL2
Submitter: sergej
Maintainer: sergej (sulaweyo)
Last Packager: sulaweyo
Votes: 20
Popularity: 1.19
First Submitted: 2017-05-30 09:39
Last Updated: 2019-12-31 09:14

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 Next › Last »

preinkemeier commented on 2020-01-07 22:33

@sulaweyo: Ups. You're absolutely right, my fault. Sorry.

sulaweyo commented on 2020-01-03 06:06

@preinkemeier did you test it? According to the pull request this flag is on by default https://github.com/gerbera/gerbera/pull/540/files

preinkemeier commented on 2020-01-02 00:23

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You have to tell cmake to enable libmatroska. That means you have to replace the following line in your PKGBUILD:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DWITH_AVCODEC=1 -DWITH_FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER=1 .

with this one

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DWITH_AVCODEC=1 -DWITH_FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER=1 -DWITH_MATROSKA=1 .

Otherwise nothing will change.

sulaweyo commented on 2019-11-25 15:51

The problem seems to be that the db layout has changed but no migration was done. It works for existing data but new items cannot be added or updated. An easy workaround is to drop the sqlite db and just reindex (shutdown gerbera, remove db file, restart gerbera and re-add the directories to index) but i will dig deeper if there is a way to trigger the db migration cleanly.

Looks like i found the culprit. In one db upgrade there is a change to a table that adds a foreign key to an existing table. This seems to work on all DBs except on sqlite according to what i found so far. When a new db is created the foreign key is there already so it works as there is no change to the structure of an existing table. Need to play around with that a bit but i guess i'll upstream a fix. Until then please just do a reindex please.

WFV commented on 2019-11-24 16:20

gerbera is throwing 101 iterations of this error message (with variations, e.g. 454503,4, and 6 although duplicated, there are others indicated): 2019-11-23 15:20:32 ERROR: Exception caught: SQLITE3: (1 : 1) no such table: main.cds_object Query:DELETE FROM "mt_cds_object" WHERE "id" IN (454503,454504,454506) error: no such table: main.cds_object Exception raised in [src/storage/sqlite3/sqlite3_storage.cc:392] waitForTask(): SQLITE3: (1 : 1) no such table: main.cds_object Query:DELETE FROM "mt_cds_object" WHERE "id" IN (454503,454504,454506) error: no such table: main.cds_object, but otherwise is working. Started after 1.3.2-2 version. Sqlite3 dump of gerbera.db doesn't show anything different from other strings that aren't erring.

EDIT: @sulaweyo, thanks for the workaround, it works for now :)

gtux commented on 2019-08-19 20:03

I faced the same issue:

error while loading shared libraries: libduktape.so.203

Reinstalling the package from AUR, links gerbera with the latest libduktape and it works fine now.

WFV commented on 2019-08-01 00:12

duktape 2.4.0-1 breaks gerbera with "error while loading shared libraries: libduktape.so.203: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" EDIT: for now symlink (not recommended) 203 --> 204 workaround.

Witko commented on 2019-05-13 13:46

Hi, thanks for the package. I've played with it a bit and it seems it does not work out of the box. The issue for me is the home directory and the db directory. I've managed to fix it by running gerbera as gerbera --debug -c /etc/gerbera/config.xml -m /var/lib/gerbera

It would be good to add the home dir to the service. Somehow the home tag in config.xml does not have an impact on this.

Thanks!

compguy284 commented on 2019-04-15 08:32

This version doesn't install for me until I modify the PKGBUILD.

[100%] Linking CXX executable gerbera
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lupnp
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lixml
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/gerbera.dir/build.make:324: gerbera] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:110: CMakeFiles/gerbera.dir/all] Error 2

changed the sed line to: sed -i 's/${PC_UPNP_LIBRARIES}//g' cmake/FindLibUpnp.cmake

and it installs just fine.

marco44 commented on 2019-02-14 06:57

Found the cause. For those interested, please see the explanation in my message from today on the libupnp18 page.