Package Details: forked-daapd 27.4-3

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: forked-daapd
Description: iTunes-compatible media server, originally intended as a rewrite of Firefly Media Server (mt-daapd).
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL
Submitter: jmsq
Maintainer: jmsq
Last Packager: jmsq
Votes: 8
Popularity: 0.007805
First Submitted: 2016-06-06 00:51
Last Updated: 2021-04-02 01:37

Dependencies (15)

Required by (0)

Sources (4)

Pinned Comments

jmsq commented on 2021-05-23 13:55

forked-daapd has been renamed to owntone-server. Please see for future updates.

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

jmsq commented on 2021-05-23 13:55

forked-daapd has been renamed to owntone-server. Please see for future updates.

jmsq commented on 2021-04-02 01:21

@albertvaka it appears that the package hash changed because the whole project has been renamed:

At the moment it's only a cosmetic change so I'm not renaming the AUR package yet, but once the systemd and config files get renamed this package will have to be renamed to owntone-server in AUR.

albertvaka commented on 2021-04-01 23:08

I'm getting:

==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    27.4.tar.gz ... FAILED

jmsq commented on 2020-07-03 23:42

I've backported the upstream libplist workaround since it hasn't made it into a release yet.

sozialarbeiter commented on 2020-06-25 07:29

They maintainer of forked-daapd is already aware of the issue and in discussions with the libplist maintainer.

sozialarbeiter commented on 2020-06-24 23:35

I just did that.


jmsq commented on 2020-06-24 23:21


That sounds very much like a bug with the updated libplist package. Can you please post that pkg-config info into a bug against that Arch package?

Thanks, JM

sozialarbeiter commented on 2020-06-24 23:07

Hi again,

upfront, the issue seems related to an upgraded library, not forked-daapd. Just mentioning it here if someone has the same issue.

After upgrading libplist (with a full system upgrade) to version 2.2.0-1 configure stops with: configure: error: iTunes Music Library XML support requires libplist ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build(). Aborting...

After downgrading package libplist (2.2.0-1 => 2.1.0-3) it works again. That also happens when I load fdaapd from github.

I don't see the reason why pkg-config doesn't find the newer version.

With the old version I get:

forked-daapd]$ pkg-config --modversion libplist


When the newer version is installed it doesn't find it:

$ pkg-config --modversion libplist

Package libplist was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libplist.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable Package 'libplist', required by 'virtual:world', not found

Tested on two systems, with the same result.

Best regards

sozialarbeiter commented on 2020-05-19 20:39

Finally I found at least a workaround, just in case someone else is facing similar issues. Added this linker flag to the PKGBUILD configure: ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-itunes --enable-chromecast --enable-lastfm --with-libwebsockets --sbindir=/usr/bin LDFLAGS="-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition"

sozialarbeiter commented on 2020-05-19 16:39

@jmsq, another update: I just took the forked-daapd from GitHub and built it with the same options as they are by default in your AUR: ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-itunes --enable-chromecast --enable-lastfm --with-libwebsockets --sbindir=/usr/bin

Same result, linking fails. So no problem with your package. Still I don't know what's going wrong on my two systems, but nothing wrong with your PKGBUILD.