Package Details: extrae 3.8.3.20201111-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/extrae.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: extrae
Description: Instrumentation framework to generate execution traces of the most used parallel runtimes (from BSC).
Upstream URL: https://www.bsc.es/discover-bsc/organisation/scientific-structure/performance-tools
Licenses: LGPL2.1
Submitter: gamezelda
Maintainer: gamezelda
Last Packager: gamezelda
Votes: 0
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2019-02-28 22:36
Last Updated: 2020-11-12 05:01

Latest Comments

gamezelda commented on 2020-10-08 01:10

@teleportex: I have an idea what may have happened... do you happen to have /bin before or instead of /usr/bin in your PATH for some reason? I'd be nice if you could check if running "which xml2-config" on the console returns "/bin/xml2-config" for you (rather than "/usr/bin/xml2-config" which is what it normally does for me).

Long short history, I found some code that tries to guess where the libxml2 includes folder is relative to the xml2-config binary, but it's pretty fragile and breaks if it finds xml2-config in /bin instead of /usr/bin... if I put /bin before or instead of /usr/bin in my PATH I can reproduce the same behaviour I think you're seeing, where the configure script completes successfully, but during the compilation process libxml/xmlmemory.h is not found since the libxml2 includes path given to GCC is wrong.

Even with this weird PATH config., I'm inclined to believe it should work anyway and it's really some problem with extrae's libxml2 detect logic rather... I'll likely just put that --with-xml-prefix flag you found as a workaround. Anyway, if that's the problem, it'd be probably a wise option for you to use /usr/bin instead of /bin your PATH since that's Arch's default and maybe other things will break sooner or later.

EDIT: I added the --with-xml-prefix flag to the PKGBUILD, also to clusteringsuite's PKGBUILD which had the same problem.

gamezelda commented on 2020-10-07 09:29

@teleportex: Hmmm, not sure what can be going on there since it built for me a few days ago on a clear container, but at the same time I know some of those BSC packages don't autodetect libraries in /usr too well. I'll take a look later.

Glad the BSC packages were useful :)

teleportex commented on 2020-10-07 06:54

I've got an error that xmlmemory.h header was not found. I took a look into the Makefile generated by the configure and found that the include line to the libxml2 headers was -I//include/libxml2 looked at configure options and figured out that we were needing to tell the configure where to find libxml and it is installed in /usr.

Fixed it by adding to the PKGBUILD configure line the flag:

./configure 
    ...
    --with-xml-prefix=/usr

Also... Thanks for all BSC packages! ;)

gamezelda commented on 2019-02-28 22:42

The package has many configuration switches to link against more or less dependencies, for the time being I have added as dependencies the ones the ./configure script complains about (which seem interesting). Suggestions welcome.