Package Details: enpass-bin 5.6.0-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/enpass-bin.git (read-only)
Package Base: enpass-bin
Votes: 52
Popularity: 3.281391
First Submitted: 2015-07-16 12:04
Last Updated: 2017-09-14 12:48

Pinned Comments

tadly commented on 2017-03-14 13:17

To check if there's a new version available, you can use the script I wrote to do so:

Use following to just run it:
curl -s https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Tadly/ea1f97598f2b76619ffb9420cdbf4b9b/raw/a6d8a5c4ae8fd958b27cf1a7119d9b456f1e9067/enpass-vesion-check.sh | bash

Latest Comments

tadly commented on 2017-03-14 13:17

Use following to just run it:

tadly commented on 2017-03-10 23:12

There's no update (what ever this one should be) so I'll unflag for now...

tadly commented on 2016-11-20 13:29

There's NO 5.4 release for linux yet hence I un-flagged the package again.

syarifqwerty commented on 2016-09-09 07:46

i need help to solve my problem with enpass. wrong password after reboot my pc (i sync with gdrive). i sure input password was correct. i remove enpass folder in document folder and sync again with gdrive. enpass run normally, but if i reboot my pc, enpass was incorect password again.

tadly commented on 2016-08-30 11:00

Hey there @bgta,

I'm just an unofficial maintainer for this package as the enpass guys maintain a repository for ubuntu only.

When having problems, the Enpass Forum is always a good place to start.

bgta commented on 2016-08-30 10:23

Hello @Tadly,

when I try to configure Cloud Sync, I seed this error on console (running /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh):

kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by kde-open5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5KIOWidgets.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5Service.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5I18n.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5CoreAddons.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5JobWidgets.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5Completion.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5IconThemes.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5WindowSystem.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5ConfigWidgets.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5WidgetsAddons.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5ConfigGui.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5ConfigCore.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5DBusAddons.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5X11Extras.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5Archive.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5ItemViews.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5Codecs.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5Auth.so.5)
kde-open5: /opt/Enpass/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5GuiAddons.so.5)

I have Qt5.7 installed:

yaourt -Q qt5-base
extra/qt5-base 5.7.0-2 (qt qt5)

tadly commented on 2016-06-11 19:31

Good news everyone.
Apparently they found the high cpu usage bug alongside some issues regarding memory consumption.

A new release should be out soon'isch :)

Just wanted to keep you guys posted

tadly commented on 2016-05-12 11:48

Important Notice!

In case you "suffer" from constant, high CPU load originating from the Enpass
process, head over to:

It looks like this is an issue with automatic synchronization triggered in the
background and the Enpass team is already trying to resolve it (as you
probably can tell from the thread)

For now, either close Enpass after your done with it or disable sync for the time being.

Once this has been resolved, I'll obviously will let you know

tadly commented on 2016-05-04 10:02

@Kisuke-CZE
Crap, I had to mess up at some point didn't I :/
Thanks for letting me know :)

Will be fixed shortly

Edit:
All updated ;)

Kisuke-CZE commented on 2016-05-04 09:48

There is wrong pkgver in PKGBUILD.
It should be pkgver=5.2.1

tadly commented on 2016-05-03 13:24

New version 5.2.1 is up

Most important change:
QT HDPI scaling is disabled by default meaning QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
is NOT necessary anymore.
So if you run into scaling issues, try QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1

cheers

tadly commented on 2016-05-03 07:52

FOUND IT!

One can simply disable "strip" for packages (which I've now done) and now everything is nice and dandy :)

Enjoy your working enpass everyone ;)

tadly commented on 2016-05-03 07:25

Very odd.
It looks like that while packaging Enpass, some debug symbols get removed from /opt/Enpass/bin/EnpassHelper/EnpassHelper

If you download the .deb yourself, extract it and only replace previously mentioned file (close enpass first, than start it again) the extension works just fine.

As I said, I have no idea how those debug symbols get removed. If someone got an idea, don't hesitate and let me know :)

tadly commented on 2016-04-29 09:50

Kinda strange as as soon as you disable the browser extension within enpass->settings,
the background.html of the extensions screams it can not connect to the socket meaning
it CAN connect while the setting is enabled (At least I'd assume so).

On windows it works just fine :/

I opened a thread on the Enpass forum:

kagir commented on 2016-04-29 09:18

@Tadly

I confirm the problem with browser extension.

tadly commented on 2016-04-29 08:17

So, update is go and scaling is still an issue, sort of..

I added a few instructions on how to fix scaling issues which will be printed once you installed the update.

Basically, export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 is our friend.

How you apply the env variable is up to you.
The instructions contain 3 options to pick from.

Good luck everyone :)

Edit:
Just realized that the browser extension doesn't work anymore with the new version.
Same for you guys?

tadly commented on 2016-04-28 13:31

Alright, did some more testing and symlinking Enpass/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 to Enpass/lib/libssl.so did indeed fix the startup problems.

After symlinking Enpass/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 to Enpass/lib/libcrypto.so sync for https works too.

Sadly scaling is still a problem and setting QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO doesn't fix that (it does affect enpass if I set it to 3 so enpass gets even bigger but setting it to 0, 1 or 2 doesn't change anything).

I'll be contacting enpass myself now and see if we can get that fixed as well as I'm unable to use enpass that way

Edit:
Mail has been sent, let's see what happens :)

tadly commented on 2016-04-27 21:02

@craigacgomez
Awesome, thanks for that.

I'll do some testing tomorrow and than update to the new version if it works out (even though I'll be suffering from heavy scaling issues)

craigacgomez commented on 2016-04-27 18:01

With the help of the Enpass team, I've managed to get Enpass 5.2.0 working. I'm still having issues with the browser extensions, but the app itself works fine including sync. I used @Tadly's comments to communicate with the Enpass team and they suggested creating a symlink /opt/Enpass/lib/libssl.so which points to /opt/Enpass/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0.

Here's an updated PKGBUILD based on the PKGBUILD created by @Tadly.

tadly commented on 2016-04-25 16:48

I'll be holding back on the new 5.2.0 release as:
1. Scaling is broken (for me) again. (works with 5.0.5)
2. It requires libssl.so to symlink against libssl3.so while on arch libssl.so still symlinks to libssl.so.1.0.0
3. Even when updating the symlink, sync doesn't work anymore (I'm using webdav)

That's the new PKGBUILD I prepared if you guys want it

Edit:
If you happen to not know what to do with such PKGBUILD files, do:
1. Save the pastebin content as "PKGBUILD" in a directory "enpass" (or whatever, just temporary anyway)
2. Go into that directory (as that wasn't obvious enough :D)
3. Run "makepkg"
4. Run "sudo pacman -U enpass-bin-5.2.0.*.pkg.tar"
5. gg, your up-to-date now. Good luck :D

kar commented on 2016-04-15 17:36

@plonqor

I think, I have the same problem.

Enpass is working without problems, but if I try to configure a sync service (DropBox, OneDrive, etc.) there is the error and nothing is happend. I can't configure a sync service.

But at the moment, I haven't test webdav.

I think, the main problem is, Enpass has his own Qt5 libs and maybe, this libs are older or incompatible (or anything else) with the Qt5 libs in Arch.

I have tried to delete the Qt5 libs in the Enpass install-folder, but Enpass is not working anymore after this.

[EDIT]

It's a bug (with the old Qt5 libs) and the solution is coming "soon". ;-)

tadly commented on 2016-04-08 14:54

@plonqor
I don't know a whole lot about QT.

Did you try and reinstall the "qt5-base" package?
That's all the support I can give, sorry :/

plonqor commented on 2016-04-05 22:32

EDIT: Can get around this by launching a different DE for initial setup, although double clicking entries to open URL still won't work.

I get the below error (when run in terminal) when the app tries to launch a URL, e.g. when connecting a cloud provider or just clicking the Help button.

kde-open5: relocation error: /usr/lib/libQt5X11Extras.so.5: symbol qt_version_tag, version Qt_5.6 not defined in file libQt5Core.so.5 with link time reference

I'm running the latest KDE Plasma 5. Is this a Qt issue? When googling it, the single result suggests it might be the bundled Qt clashing with the OS installed Qt.

I'm new to Arch - where should I report this?

tadly commented on 2016-03-04 13:20

Those guys are on it...

New version 5.0.5 fixes scaling for the browser extension (on chrome at least)
Not sure what else they fixed...

enjoy :)

tadly commented on 2016-02-26 11:23

Wow, that was quick. Thanks @enpass ;)

New version 5.0.4.1 with fix for scaling is up, enjoy :)

tadly commented on 2016-02-25 10:46

Crap accidentally delete my own comment *sigh* :D

Anyway, new version 5.0.4 is out and doesn't require "libappindicator-gtk2" anymore. Wuhuuu!!!

It looks like there have been some changes to scaling though.
On my setup (QHD+ panel with 3200x1800 running at a actual resolution of 2049x1152) Enpass becomes HUGE!

If you happen to have a similar problem, head over to the enpass site and read the comments for more details.

xolan commented on 2016-01-15 14:07

Great! Just thought I'd notify you when I came across it :)

tadly commented on 2016-01-15 13:56

@xolan

As it stands it doesn't really matter whether I use libappindicator or libappindicator-gtk2 as dependency apart from it being at least one less dependency when using libappindicator-gtk2 (which I do)

But I'd like to get rid of it completely as this is actually only required if you use unity (which probably no one does on arch?).

As it stands, they are using System Tray already (which is what we use on e.g. gnome etc.) and system tray falls back to libappindicator on unity (if available. if not, no idea what happens :D).

So, all enpass has to do is make the app actually start if libappindicator isn't available (which they are aware of and it should be "implemented" with the next release. Than I can make it an optional dependency at least or completely remove it.. we'll see)

xolan commented on 2016-01-15 13:47

@tadly

Maybe https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libappindicator fixes the issue?

tadly commented on 2016-01-03 22:54

@xolan

Well you'r quite the lucky one than :D

But looks like I have to keep libappindicator-gtk2 as dep for now.
Hope enpass will have an update soon where libappindicator isn't required anymore :)

xolan commented on 2016-01-03 22:43

@Tadly

Think it was available in the aur a long time ago. It's been 1.5 years since I installed it.

Pasted some info about the package here: https://gist.github.com/xolan/6517b900b20b1eba18be

EDIT:
Running plain old Arch :)

tadly commented on 2016-01-03 11:50

@xolan

Where did you get that package from?
"libappindicator" as such doesn't really exist on the repos anywhere :D

unless... are you running plain arch or something like manjaro?

xolan commented on 2016-01-03 06:12

Working just fine here without libappindicator :)

Edit:

```
pacman -Q | grep libapp
=> libappindicator 12.10.1daily13.09.20-101
```

I do have that one installed...

tadly commented on 2015-11-16 09:51

Quick update.

Enpass commented with:
"We are working on it and will make the libappindicator1 optional in the next release."

I know I'm looking forward to that :)

tadly commented on 2015-10-31 17:15

@nerdnerdybus I actually run my QHD screen in 2048x1152 because fractional scaling isn't a thing yet ^^

Missing HDPI is something you might report to Enpass.

Yes, you are right, this will be overwritten on updates. To keep your changes you could do the following though:

In your bashrc define a alias "enpass" which does the export before running the runpass.sh script (than it will work from the command line)

Create a copy of "/usr/share/applications/enpass.desktop" and put it into "~/.local/share/applications/". In your copy change the Exec statement to do your export thing again. After that you reload your session

Than you'r at least update-save for now ;)

nerdnerdibus commented on 2015-10-31 17:04

Thanks for the work +Tadly and +sixbit

Since Enpass looks off and is nearly unusable under gnome shell in high DPI mode, I wrote a little script that checks if this mode is active and starts Enpass with a modified QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO

This has to be pasted above the exec line in /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh

Has anyone a better idea to fix this, without changing programm files (since I assume the change will be overwritten on update)?

DennisVonDerBey commented on 2015-10-29 21:52

Thanks for your work on this package! :)

tadly commented on 2015-10-29 12:26

Alright, new dependency "lsof"!
With that the browser extension will work too :)

Though you should read this before using the extension ;)

tadly commented on 2015-10-28 22:16

+syxbit yeah, I've been checking about every 30 mins a day for the last weeks/months now :D

"mono" comes as make dependency of "libappindicator-gtk2" which I hopefully can get rid of again (at some point)
But with version 5.0 we need libappindicator.so.1 Otherwise enpass will not start

I'm in touch with the enpass guys already to get the browser extension working.
Hopefully I can get them to make it work properly with gnome (and other DEs) as libappindicator is only interesting for unity IIRC? (Please correct me if I'm wrong ^^)

Let's see how that goes :)

syxbit commented on 2015-10-28 21:56

Great work on getting this out quickly Tadly.
I was pretty surprised to see Mono as a dependency...

tadly commented on 2015-10-28 14:19

Sadly the extension doesn't quite work (at least for me with gnome 3.18)

I commented on the linux release blog-post providing some info.
Let's see if they can help out :)

tadly commented on 2015-10-28 13:52

What a pain...
New dependency libappindicator-gtk2 as we need libappindicator.so.1

If someone knows a way around this, feel free to share it :)
For now that will have to do...

tadly commented on 2015-10-28 13:37

Just realized there is a new dependency libappindicator. I'm on it already