Package Details: cataclysm-dda-git 0.D.2019.12.09-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: cataclysm-dda-git
Description: A post-apocalyptic roguelike.
Upstream URL:
Licenses: CCPL:by-sa
Conflicts: cataclysm-dda, cataclysm-dda-ncurses, cataclysm-dda-tiles
Submitter: Ferk
Maintainer: keenerd
Last Packager: keenerd
Votes: 37
Popularity: 0.013968
First Submitted: 2013-11-23 17:41
Last Updated: 2019-12-09 21:50

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

matthemsteger commented on 2020-05-04 01:37

Flagged as out of date because it seems like the icon has moved from 'data/osx/AppIcon.iconset/icon_128x128.png' to 'build-data/osx/AppIcon.iconset/icon_128x128.png'

matthemsteger commented on 2020-04-27 05:39

I noticed that it spends time building tests and other dev things. Maybe RUNTESTS=0 will help, LINTJSON=0 and ASTYLE=0?

Cape commented on 2019-11-01 21:42

I'm having a problem with this build because it saves al the configs directly in my home dir instead of grouping under a '.cataclysm' directory. Was built with USE_HOME_DIR=1

aloxaf commented on 2019-09-08 04:30

Some suggestions:

  1. Lua modding has been removed in I think as a git package it's time to update PKGBUILD to remove lua dependency.

  2. There is a typo in L47(USE_XGD_DIR)

pizzaman commented on 2019-08-01 01:29

==> Starting build()...
/bin/sh: astyle: command not found
#define VERSION "0.D"

pescepalla commented on 2019-03-28 17:08

O.D is out. Please update or orphan.

ohotdog commented on 2019-02-23 15:06

To anyone having locale, localization, language, etc. issues,

I saw other users were having issues getting cataclysm to display the language(s) they selected or those defined by their system's locale. I was also having issues with this when trying to use the cataclsym-dda package from the official repository, which brought me here. I was surprised that I had the same issues still. So I looked around the source files and saw that a ".mo" file was never being compiled for my target language (or any language for that matter). After a lot of frustration I found a (non-ideal) workaround.

After compiling, you'll find a script in cataclysm-dda-git/src/Cataclysm-DDA-master/lang/ called Run that for a sec, terminate it, and a new directory cataclysm-dda-git/src/Cataclysm-DDA-master/lang/mo will have been created.

I think by default generates mo files for all of the languages cataclysm currently supports, so either find the language(s) you need or take everything in that folder and make symlinks, copy+paste, whatever, them to /usr/share/locale and you should be good to go.

I'm sure there's a way you could get it into the pkg directory and have pacman handle it, but it's late and I just want to play games in kneehongo.

eturner commented on 2018-10-05 05:55

I was told by the lead developer on github that they do actually intend to maintain compatibility with old save files between updates, and that you can file bug reports regarding issues with updating. In keeping the old saves, manual intervention has been required just once in my experience. When one of the included mods was integrated into the core game it gave me a passable error message upon load until it was removed from mods.json. But no real issues so far.

Faalagorn commented on 2018-08-05 20:03

I currently use a modified PKGBUILD of this, as I don't mind downloading 1.5GB and want to see the actual git revision version string in game menu and package name (thanks for leaving the hints in PKGBUILD!), but I also use a few other tweaks there, so let me mention them in case you want to implement them.

This package currently don't build the man files included in the sources. They were added past 0.C release, that's why the PKGBUILD in repository doesn't have them. They are located in doc/cataclysm-tiles.6 and doc/cataclysm.6.

You also currently use USE_HOME_DIR=1 instead USE_XDG_DIR=1 as the package in repo, but keep in mind that it's planning to switch to it by the 0.D release judging by this comment: # USE_XDG_DIR for next release so it's up to you if you want to change to it now or later. this package already uses it.

You also list some of the potentially useful make flags below #LUA_BINARY="/usr/bin/lua5.1" (remnant from the past since the game doesn't require old lua explicitly for a while, that's also there in the repo's PKGBUILD, but could be handy if one want to use usr/bin/luajit for potential speed improvement). USE_XDG_DIR=1 is what I already explained, LOCALIZE=0 is also required for Unicode support, DYNAMIC_LINKING=1 I indeed don't know what does in practice, but there's also CLANG=1 to use Clang instead of GCC – this package uses it, LTO=1 to use link-time optimization and possibly others. Finally there's LANGUAGES=all to build all languages – this package uses it, but it obviously results in even bigger size of package. All the flags are explained in and Makefile. The game can also be build with CMake, but personally I just build with default flags, so can't vouch for their usefulness/performance impact, except CLANG=1 seems to result in bigger size and LTO=1 on top of it seems to break stuff for me. It's also nice to keep it in line with whatever package in repo has it.

Finally, it would be nice to update the url (again) as is used instead, but the same plagues PKGBUILD in repo, so I may suggest to update it there first.

copygirl commented on 2018-06-02 07:27

PKGBUILD contains 2 conflicts entries, one of which contains a comma, causing installation to fail for me.