Package Details: blockout2 2.5-3

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: blockout2
Description: 3D tetris, free adaptation of the original BlockOut DOS game edited by California Dreams in 1989
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL
Submitter: qwak
Maintainer: pezcurrel
Last Packager: pezcurrel
Votes: 33
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2007-11-23 20:22
Last Updated: 2015-12-24 22:30

Latest Comments

pezcurrel commented on 2015-12-13 16:08

Thank you Wuzzy, in 2.5-2 I modified the .desktop file and included the official icon directly into the package, as you suggested. As for Freedesktop compliance, I'll try and post a request for it on blockout2 forum when my account will be activated (new accounts get activated manually).

Wuzzy commented on 2015-10-30 20:52

Here's an updated .desktop file:

- “False” is invalid, so I used “false”
- Invalid category “Application” removed
- German translation
- Added “BlocksGame” category (yes, there is actually an official category for games like that)

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Blockout II
GenericName=3D tetris
Comment=3D tetris, free adaptation of the original BlockOut DOS game edited by California Dreams in 1989
Comment[de]=3D-Tetris, freie Adaption des DOS-Spiels BlockOut von California Dreams aus dem Jahr 1989

By the way: Has it been attempted to push for Freedesktop compliance upstream?
By the way (2): Do you think it is a good idea to load the icon from Dropbox? o_O
By the way (3): Blockout II has its own icon (although uglier), you can find it in the Linux source package somewhere

pezcurrel commented on 2012-11-01 01:18

Thanks, I adopted it :)

qwak commented on 2012-11-01 00:48

I have no Arch installation at this moment, so I orphan this package to allow updating it.

pezcurrel commented on 2012-11-01 00:10

I get this error...

==> Starting build()...
cp: cannot stat '/var/tmp/volatile/yaourt-tmp-gnucco/aur-blockout2/src/bl2/*': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

I think it's related to the fact "$stardir" is deprecated.

I did a different package as release 7 of this same package, here is the source:

(There's no need to have two different shell scripts for i686 and x86_64 with current arch setup, so I kept only the i686 one, renaming it)