Package Details: armadillo 9.700.2-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/armadillo.git (read-only)
Package Base: armadillo
Description: C++ linear algebra library
Upstream URL: http://arma.sourceforge.net/
Licenses: Apache
Submitter: None
Maintainer: valandil
Last Packager: valandil
Votes: 50
Popularity: 0.412946
First Submitted: 2009-12-14 16:43
Last Updated: 2019-09-06 10:15

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

valandil commented on 2015-03-20 18:16

Hey gilesc,

I cannot seem to replicate this issue. Could you post a more detailed error report?

Thanks.

Kknd commented on 2015-03-20 17:40

Hi, I'm not using armadillo anymore, so I'm releasing it to someone who will be capable of keeping it updated.

gilesc commented on 2015-02-22 18:20

With valandil's changes, I am getting the same "wasn't compiled for 64 bit" again. According to this link [1], which is admittedly old, it says ARMA_64BIT_WORD it must be changed in the header file and cannot be set in CMake directly. I am not sure if this is the problem but in any case if I add back xan's code it works again.

[1] http://www.mlpack.org/trac/ticket/214

Kknd commented on 2015-01-16 17:03

The problem seems to be fixed now. Thanks!

valandil commented on 2015-01-08 20:28

Something like that might be cleaner:

build() {
ARMA64BITWORD=""
if [ "$CARCH" == "x86_64" ]; then
ARMA64BITWORD="ARMA_64BIT_WORD"
ARMA64LIBDIR="-DINSTALL_LIB_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib"
fi
cd "${srcdir}/$pkgname-$pkgver"
cmake $ARMA64BITWORD $ARMA64LIBDIR -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr .
make
}

as the CMakeLists.txt of armadillo allows the specification of the lib directory.

valandil commented on 2015-01-08 20:26

I prefer the use of

[ "$CARCH" = x86_64 ] && cmake [...] -DINSTALL_LIB_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib

in the cmake command, as the CMakeLists.txt for armadillo allows the specification of the lib diretory.

Rufflewind commented on 2015-01-07 21:10

Pacman is failing to install the package because it contains /usr/lib64 as a directory, which on Arch Linux is just a symlink to /usr/lib. To work around this, I added the following to the `package` function, immediately after the `make` line:

[ "$CARCH" = x86_64 ] && mv "${pkgdir}/usr/lib64" "${pkgdir}/usr/lib"

Kknd commented on 2015-01-04 01:21

Hi,

I've added the prepare() that xan provided, and it seems to be working here.

thanks.

xantares commented on 2014-12-28 13:23

hi,
you have to replace it manually:
prepare() {
cd "${srcdir}/armadillo-$pkgver"
if [ "$CARCH" == "x86_64" ]; then
sed -i "s|// #define ARMA_64BIT_WORD|#define ARMA_64BIT_WORD|g" include/armadillo_bits/config.hpp.cmake
fi
}
xan.

gilesc commented on 2014-12-19 22:15

I don't think the changes by Carlinix actually enable 64-bit mode for Armadillo. When I use this PKGBUILD (on a 64-bit system), and then compile a downstream package, "mlpack", it complains that armadillo wasn't compiled for 64 bits.

It looks like it actually has to be enabled in either include/armadillo_bits/config.hpp or {..}/config.hpp.cmake . Not sure which.