Package Details: airvpn-beta-bin 2.18.7-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/airvpn-beta-bin.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: airvpn-beta-bin
Description: AirVPN client "Eddie" based on OpenVPN, beta version.
Upstream URL: https://eddie.website
Licenses: GPL3
Conflicts: airvpn, airvpn-bin, airvpn-git, eddie-ui-git
Provides: airvpn, eddie-ui
Submitter: uncle
Maintainer: uncle
Last Packager: uncle
Votes: 8
Popularity: 0.000003
First Submitted: 2015-08-13 01:51
Last Updated: 2020-02-01 19:45

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next › Last »

C0gnitiveFl0w commented on 2016-11-02 20:46

@uncle, The download link is not valid, therefore, it is failing the package build. The airvpn deb link needs updating....

zebulon commented on 2016-07-31 08:39

@uncle thanks. Seems setup related then. I think this part is buggy in their software.

uncle commented on 2016-07-28 17:30

@zebulon I have been having DNS checking problems too. The renaming method of DNS switching was working most of the time with eddie 2.11.2 beta, but when I upgraded to eddie 2.11.3 beta, I started having even more trouble with it. For now I have downgraded mono to 4.0.4.1 and switched back to 2.10.3 stable for "everyday" use.

zebulon commented on 2016-07-28 08:53

@uncle: thanks a lot. One thing which is not working on my setup is DNS checking. It always disconnect after checking DNS with this error:
I 2016.xx.xx xx:xx:xx - Checking DNS
E 2016.xx.xx xx:xx:xx - DNS checking failed.

To be able to connect I need to uncheck the "Check AirVPN DNS" option in Preferences->DNS. I do not know why or if it is a bug, because dnsleak.com confirms I am using AirVPN DNS. Is it something you see too?

uncle commented on 2016-07-26 22:03

I tried installing this on my Manjaro KDE VM and it installed fine and I was even able to run it and make a connection, while tunneling through the AirVPN connection I had going on my "bare metal" machine :-)
One note: I've had to use the renaming method for the DNS change, as using auto or resolvconf will cause the DNS check to fail. EDIT: This applied to my "bare metal" machine as well.

uncle commented on 2016-07-26 20:23

@zebulon thanks for the heads up, I updated the checksums, and also set the correct source for the 64 bit version, as I noticed I had accidentally set the 32 bit version as the source for both the 32 and 64 bit versions.
EDIT: Actually it had the correct source, but was being renamed the same thing as the 32 bit version, so that was attributing the 32 bit checksums to it when i ran updpkgsums. anyways, it should be fixed now.

zebulon commented on 2016-07-26 06:27

Hi uncle, thanks for working on it. It seems the checksums have changed:
==> Validating source_x86_64 files with md5sums...
airvpn_linux_x86_debian_2.11.2_experimental.deb ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

uncle commented on 2016-07-26 02:53

So I downloaded the KDE version of Manjaro and ran it on a VM, the "$DESKTOP_SESSION" variable actually comes back as "/usr/share/xsessions/plasma". I wrote the package to install the KDE version even if your "$DESKTOP_SESSION" comes back as plasma in a different folder location, as long as it ends in plasma, or is simply "plasma".

uncle commented on 2016-07-25 21:05

I have removed the ";Qt;KDE" part of the PKGBUILD since it sounds like it works fine on KDE without that part. @drop000, the reason you were still getting the KDE install on other desktops, is because I had written the package to check whether you had Dolphin installed, as a means of detecting whether you were using KDE. Since it sounds like you have KDE installed but don't always use it, dolphin would still exist while using other desktops. I have changed the method of checking what desktop you are using, it now reads a variable, "$DESKTOP_SESSION" which should be set to your current active desktop. I primarily use cinnamon, so when I type into the terminal "echo $DESKTOP_SESSION" I get (without the quotes) "cinnamon". As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I don't have a KDE install, so I assumed the response on a KDE system would be something like "kde", so that is what I put in the package for now. If someone with a KDE system could run the "echo $DESKTOP_SESSION" (with standard user permissions) and report on the results, if it is different I can change it. In the mean time I will see about downloading a KDE VM or live distro for testing purposes.

cyberpepe commented on 2016-07-24 19:59

I have this problem also in Cinnamon and Gnome even if KDE is not running but also installed. Thanks

error: value "GNOME;NetworkQt;KDE;" for key "Categories" in group "Desktop Entry" contains an unregistered value "NetworkQt"; values extending the format should start with "X-"